I need advice.........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darlenenicole

Reaction score
okay heres the story....I had my heart set onkeeping my four little babies and My Corbon and LEilu. That would make6 rabbits. I cant aford to keep them all. ANd i cant find anybody whowants one.My local petstore will take them in as donations.But i am soafraid that they are not going to go to a good home. Either way i cantafford to keep them. Can anybody offer me some advice on this?:?:(

Do you have any rabbit rescue or HRS chapters inyour area that could help you find a good adoptive home? Ihighly advise against running a newspaper ad -- you'll draw some ratherstrange inquiries.

Pam

Is there anybody on this forum that would like totake them in?I am from Ohio (USA) I could drive them somewhere close orsomeone could meet me halfway?

Thank you robert for that website, i will look into that. Pamnock..how do look into the HRS chapters?

uh oh...... ohio, huh?

i shouldnt say anything because i cant really help...... but....

ill ask around because thats where i go to school. maybe someone that lives near campus wants a rabbit?

how old are the babies now?

I would LOVE to take them.. but sadly my dad wants only one bun :(...

All I can say is keep searching farther than you did before. Tryputting an add up say in a vet's office. Many people including myselflook at those. You can also make sure with these that your buns go togreat homes.

sounds like you might need to take them to thepetstore, you always run the risk of bunnys not having a good home whenyou breed, thats why its not a good idea most of the time,but since they are cute and born and ready to go the pet store wouldprobally be your best bet. go into to the pet store and look at theliving conditions of the animals first tho some pet shops are justterrible

sara

Panacrent...the babies are three weeks old. Sothey will be ready to go probaly in September. Thank you very much forlooking for me. Everytime I look at their little faces i get so upsetknowing that they have to go. But i have to find a good home for them.

Thanks everyone for the advice.:)

There are two House Rabbit Society chapters in Ohio:

http://www.ohare.org/

http://columbusrabbit.org/index.htm

I highly advise against giving them to a pet store. Iwork at a shelter, I know the horror stories first hand. Pet storeswill not ask what sort of home the rabbits are going to, and whathappens to the bunny after it leaves the store, they can't be botheredwith it. Broken legs. Broken backs. Overgrown teeth and nails.Untreated illnesses. Neglect. It all happens, all too often. Please tryto contact the HRS chapter nearest you and let them find great homesfor your babies.

~M

Latest posts

Back