I made the appt.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
Ok, I did it. I finally made the appt.for blossom to be spayed. It is not until Dec. 20, but I amalready terrified of having it done. After three vets tellingme it was not necessary to spay a rabbit, I found a vet that said youreally SHOULD spay a rabbit. He sounded very rabbitsavy. This is what he told me:

Blossom can have food and water right up to the time of surgery, and immediatly after.

She will be able to go home the same day

He puts in stitches that disapear (they do not need to be taken out)

he has lost two rabbits in the eight years he has been spaying rabbits,and he does on general 3-4 rabbits a month, one of the rabbits he lostthey later found out had other problems

He said within a week blossom should be back to her old self

Does this all seem like good information????

I am just so scared of having her die on the table:( I didthe right thing though, I just have to talk myself into it!!Tracy

Sounds like all good information to me, Blossombunny.

You're definitely doing the right thing. The risk of uterine cancer areso much greater from the ages 3 on up for females that haven't beenspayed.

Don't turn back. She's at a good age where she'll heal well. 96% of the operations done are successful these days.

Blossom is the right age, she's strong, she's healthy, you're her mom,and she'll have us all praying for her and you -- even though webelieve she'll be fine.

How I wish that Fauna was spayed.

Do it, and get it done.

-Carolyn

I'm glad you found what looks to be a good vet!

Sounds like all the right info he's given you and don't worry, sheshould be playing pretty regular for Christmas day!

Back