I made Goliath a cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
After coming home from the show with so many bunnies I had to move some around. I got the little ones in the small cages and 2 of my English lop in the bigger cages. I went and got a cage from petsmart for nic the himmy. That left poor Goliath with no cage so I made a nic cage for him. It is bigger then the cage I got from the breeder so he is happy about that. I even made a second level for him. I like it and temped to get rid of the cage I got from the breeder and make one for Tessa.

The only problem I have with is the mess. I have it on my kitchen floor but he don't pee in the box all the time so I have to mop the floor twice a day. What can I do to keep the poos in the cage? How can I make a nice floor that maybe I can put shavings down all over it like the pet cages from petsmart? I need to do something about this mess.

I made a ply-wood box lined with linoleum for my NIC cages. Around the edges, I put metal drywall cornering around the edge to prevent the buns from chewing. It cleans very easily, and keeps everything inside the cages very nicely.

I imagine that this would work if you needed to use shavings for a bunny as well.

--Dawn

Yea I like that I think I will do that. I have one other cage that I was going to replace with one of these having so much fun with his cage I feel I am cheating the others. So I am going to make one more for Tessa.

Latest posts

Back