I hate the countdown while waiting for new litters...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
My girls are due starting the 12th....and I feel like pacing in front of their cages or something....or staring at them till they have those babies...

Girly Girl did NOT want me to check her last night and she ran around squealing like a little pig. I felt so bad - but it looked like she had an abcess on her front paw and I had to look at it - turned out just her nails are long and I need to get them trimmed.

Arya just looks at me as if to say, "Go away and let me sleep. I know what to do....I got the memo..".

Cocoa (who has ear mites) just gives me this look of "Humans! Just let me sleep...I'll be busy soon enough."

The others do much of the same thing.

The only one who has had a litter before is Cocoa - everyone else is going to be a first time mama....so I'm a nervous wreck.

So what do you do as you get closer to the delivery?

I suppose I can go clean the house....maybe I'll clean right in front of their cages....

:shock:

What doI do before hand? Well, I panic, pretty much, but only to myself,not aruond the doe.

I also find that doing new and creative things for the other buns helps to distract me, things like new toys, trying new bonding pairs, having random bunny dates, things like that.

Of course, at this time of year, I can't possibly think what other things might take up some time, lol. If I was due litters now I would be christmassyfying my house like there was no tomorrow and getting all my presents :D

Pllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let us know how they go :)

Oh Peg i know what you mean my litters are due the 22nd. Luckily this time of year is so busy at work i dont have much time to stress about the buns asa i am to busy stressing about work!! hey ho 2 of them started building nests this morning!

Thats something Peg you (well it doesnt have to be you lol) should start doing the litters post for the month again its really nice to see what everyone is having :)

I have 3 litters due over the next 3 days... if everyone is cooperative! Two of the girlsstarted theirnests yesterday and then left it... got me all excited... so now I just wait... and wait... and wait... (tried to clean out apile of hay in one doe's cage last night and she let me know in no uncertain terms that she liked it just the way it is...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!)

:waiting:

Have 2 more litters due the 26th. It would be SO very nice to have some new life in the barn by New Years. Would make me feel so much better...

Please let us know how yours make out Peg...

I may have a mini Rex litter due the 18th. Accidental breeding but the parents are both purebred, so no harm there. lol.

I'm scheduling the doe for an ultrasound because it's hard to tell if she is preggo and she's a first time momma.

I think she may be because i put her with a buck and she wanted NOTHING to do with him. Biting, and being a little B****. And she growls and sqeaks when you just walk by her cage.

I'm nervous for her and I want the babies born, too. lol. I'm excited if she's pregnant. But i just hope all goes well!

To make things especially exciting here.... Isenstar started nesting. She's not due till the 12th but she's a small little girl (compared to some of the others) and she feels like she has several kits inside her...

I HATE waiting! :shock:

BlueGiants wrote:
I have 3 litters due over the next 3 days... if everyone is cooperative! Two of the girlsstarted theirnests yesterday and then left it... got me all excited... so now I just wait... and wait... and wait... (tried to clean out apile of hay in one doe's cage last night and she let me know in no uncertain terms that she liked it just the way it is...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!)

Have 2 more litters due the 26th. It would be SO very nice to have some new life in the barn by New Years. Would make me feel so much better...

Please let us know how yours make out Peg...
send a flemish to arizona, bluegiants!!!! i want one SO bad :):)

;)

tracy and nemo

SO CUTE!!! GO ISENSTAR!! :D

How cute! Any babies yet? I personally do cleaning when i'm waiting for litters because i am in such a good mood, cleaning doesn't seem so bad, and the time flies by!

Kiwi is pulling fur.....Girly Girl is carrying hay....Isenstar is remaking her nest and the other three girls are cussing at me and telling me to go away.

Girly Girl is trying to move her nest....where does she want to put it?

Under her water bottle...

Me thinks she doesn't get the idea that she's the one that's gonna nurse them...

TinysMom wrote:
Under her water bottle...

Me thinks she doesn't get the idea that she's the one that's gonna nurse them...
Lol TinysMom that's funny. I guess she thinks she just has to carry them for a month, have them, and then let the water bottle do all the feeding and be chased around by a litter of crazy babies. lol.

Latest posts

Back