I got my Kleenmamas hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy27

Task Force
Reaction score
I think I am more excited then my buns. I cleaned uptheir room and put some in there. I can't believe how long it is and I have never smelled hay like that before. Now I think I know what you guys meant when you said it should smell fresh.

I have never bought this much hay before and it will probably take my buns 4-6 months to eat all of it. I bought the 5 lb which is the smallest available. Can I store it in what she mailed it in? It is in a plastic bag then a box. Where I have it it won't get moist. Is that ok?

Thanks

I just started getting kleenmama's hay also and feel the same about it.

I usually get much larger orders.

the ideal location is cool and dry and the hay should not be enclosed so you could just take it out of the plastic and put it intoa paper box.
probably with that small an order could just leave the bag open and poke some holes in it.

when i ordered from oxbow they put holes in the plastic bags for air but I'm not sure if that is true for kleenmama's or not. I don't think my large order came in plastic.

Thanks angieluv

I think I will try to poke holes in the bag and leave the top open for now. One thing though is what is the reason for doing this, what am I watching for mold? If I am watching for mold will it be like the same green mold you get on food. Sorry I know those are stupid questions.

That isn't a stupid question. A person would be concerned if hay was moldy
Actually i'm not sure what the mold looks like but its not green like on food ; sometimes hay can have mold and it will just not smell right

I have never had moldy hay but all my hay is in the house and never gets wet.
Anyone who has a barn with animals would be able to answer this question fast.

I wouldn't worry about your new hay getting moldy unless it is kept in damp conditions or outside.

I'll try to find out more about what moldy hay looks like.:)

Thanks again angieluv,

Mine is in the house so I won't worry to much about it. You are right with those pictures on that link it is hard to tell.

Latest posts

Back