Hutch inside of a dog kennel

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmais_mommy

Reaction score
This Spring/Summer, I'm putting Katmai in his own little estate, since he had to share it with his sister last summer. I'm putting his hutch inside of a walk-in dog kennel, chain-link and covered. I think he'll love it. Plus, it's further away from the forest, so less slugs :)

It's a birthday present for me and him (my bday is march 9th, his is the 16th). He's never had toys before or a neat hay rack, so I'm going all out this summer :balloons:

Sounds good :)

Are you going to cover the chain link with anything? A bunny could get his head stuck in the holes. I would put some sort of wire mesh along the bottom, probably 1-2ft up. It would also help protect from some predators. The chain link should also go into the ground, or be blocked by something so he can dig under the fence.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Sounds good :)

Are you going to cover the chain link with anything? A bunny could get his head stuck in the holes. I would put some sort of wire mesh along the bottom, probably 1-2ft up. It would also help protect from some predators. The chain link should also go into the ground, or be blocked by something so he can dig under the fence.
Yup, the top will also be chain-link, And I'm putting chicken wire around the bottom. I'm also putting it into the ground a little bit 'cause my boy is a crazy digger.

I use chain link dog kennel for my rabbits. All of my rabbit are over six pounds, and it works for them. When they were bunnies, I covered the chain link with chicken wire to keep them from getting their heads caught. I put down chicken wire to keep them from digging out, but one of my rabbits cut his feet trying to dig. Now I use vinyl coated wire, and my rabbits haven't had any more problems with their feet.

Latest posts

Back