Hurt foot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

we3pnuts

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new and have not done a formal introduction yet. My first priority was to ask about my bunnies foot.

My family took a weekend camping trip and we left our bunny with my parents. My parents are animal lovers and I believe I have taught them enough about bunnies to trust them. So.... my mom was lettingher run around and she decided to try and cuddle (which our bunny loves to do).she must have been spooked by something and it ran up my moms arm and jumped right off her shoulder,my momwas standing. She said it seemed fine after and she put it back in it's cage. Well when we got home I noticed whenshe would sitshe would holdher paw up (like a dog begging). I also noticed whenshe hops aroundshe favors it a little and won't put allher weight on it. It's not swollen and she'll still clean herself with it. But also when I was holding her and touching her paw gently she dida large flinch. She also won't come out from under the beds.She came out to eat and use her litter box a couple times.If I look under the bed she will come up to say hi but that's about it. I know rabbits hide their woundsso I may be a little more worried then I should be. Does it sound likewe need a trip to the vet or should I give her a few more days? BTW: it's been 3 days since it happened and she's 3 months old.

Thanks everyone for any help!

Welcome to the forum!

If it's been three days and she's still limping, it's time for a vet visit. Hopefully it's minor, but better safe than sorry.

Hi...we had a similar situation with our dwarf, Whiskers. He leapt from a height, and then favored his paw. We took him to the vet, and x-rays showed a metacarpal (I think that's the right term) fracture. The vet casted it, and we were successful in keeping the cast on for about 12 days. At that point, Whiskers was so incredibly frustrated, and was beginning to chew on the cast...which is really bad news. The vet removed the cast and had us keep Whiskers confined for another 2 weeks. Whiskers wasn't allowed to jump up or down, so we had to take his shelf out of the cage, as well. I would check with the vet, and make sure that your bun can't jump up or off of anything. Good luck....

Thanks everyone for the replys. Last night she was doing much better. She was even binkying. Even though it made me nervous. I think I will call the vet today just to see what they say about it.

Latest posts

Back