How We Deal With Bad Bunny Behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I thought, since a bunch of us are now enteringthe Terrible Teen stage with some of our rabbits, that maybe we couldpost advice of what we do with certain issues. Everyone has their ownthing they do as far as distraction/discipline to get their bunny tostop a bad behavior. What's yours?

Right now, we are having a problem with Valura chewing the carpet. Notmuch is working to get her to stop, from loud hand claps andaloud NO!, to squirts with a water bottle (with a NO! of coure), togiving her other things to chew on. She still goes back to carpet. Weare now hoping that once she's spayed, she'll calm down, as Abby has.However, January seems forever away.

Chompers is our good bunny. He's mellow, LOVES attention, and prettymuch spends most of his day chilling out. In the evening he runs aroundand is cute, but is not destructive in any way, shape or form. He's oursaintly bun bun.

Abby was as bad as Valura, but now that she's spayed she's calmed downa lot, but still is young and has a lot more energy than Chomps, so westill keep a close eye on her.

What issues have you guys had with your rabbits and how do you handle them?

Well my old method was to say NO! andlift the bun away from what they were doing... now though, if they seeme coming, they dance off thinking this is a great game! Doesdistract them though. Henry has started to fight back thoughand the other day tried to dig my hand when I went to lifthim! What a ferocious bun?! :shock:

I pushBub's head down fordefiance/aggression issues. For spraying--I came up with one thismorning that seems to work!!

He only sprays when sniffing me first thing in the morning, so whenhe's jumping around sniffing, I just make sure his back end staysstraight, with a hand on either side.

Voila! If he can't turn, he can't spray me!

:D:D:D:D

Rose

P.S. It only works until he figures out something new....:?

Baby's issue has always been chewing and digging the carpet. I've tried everything that Stephanie has with no results.

I'm hoping now that Baby is spayed, she's calm down as well.

Does she chew the whole carpet or just in spots?

You can try putting down a little white pepper in the spots shechews. A whiff of that and she'll sneeze and hopefully stop.

Thats what we did with Guin when she was a baby, now she usually leavescarpet alone except to lick it on occasion (she likes the texture onher tongue I guess)

Stitch as you well know on the posts I've madechewed the carpets constantly I have several holes to prove ithehe. I Gave her a stern no used the water bottle but shestill did it. from 3-4 months she is now 4months and has stoppedchewing my carpets although I have not a single thing to read in thehouse anymore due to it being chewed up but i'll take that over thecarpet thing.

In one of the corners she has built like a nest of paper she was about10wks when I purchased her so pregnancy isn't anything I thought ofbesides she woulda had babies by now yes?

She doesn't act wierd or anything when I scold her she hops over to her litter box and sits there like a little angel.

But again she no longer chews my carpets maybe she got bored with it or just got tired of me scolding her heheh.

She isn't spayed either.

Marie

Latest posts

Back