How often is a baby bunny supposed to go to the bathroom?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
I would've posted this in my other thread, but I thought it fit better here. I just got Haley, the 5 week old Holland Lop. I've had her home for almost 2 hours now, and she hasn't pee pee'd or poopied yet. However, the guy who gave her to me had her riding around in a car most of the day in a crate cage without food or water. Could this be why? She now has a big bottle of water, which she only touched once, and I have her a big bowl of alfalfa pellets and alfalfa hay. She is nibbling on both.

Should I be concerned yet, or give it till the rest of the night to see if and when she poopies and how it looks? I'm more than willing and ready to have her seen by a vet tomorrow if she doesn't go potty, but I just wanted some opinions.

When I first got Pebbles, she didn't poop for maybe four hours after I got her. So it's normal. Pebbles poops were very small from (I think) the stress, so she might have small poops to start with.

It would be fine. If she's eating and drinking, she's fine :).

After going through Beauty from the pet store and then Cinnabunny, I will be watching this post to see how she is doing. Beauty had so few poops that I thought that was what babies did. Cinnabunny had poops and then stopped. Thank God for this forum and my sister or I would have lost Cinnabunny just like I lost Beauty. I took Cinnabunny to the vet and the poop culture came back with high counts of Coccidia and they gave her Albon for ten days. The vet said we saved her life; he said many pet store rabbits get this from being taken too young. I sincerely wish you luck. I know how lucky I was the second time.

ROFL Laura!

I couldn't have been more thrilled! I woke up this morning and she was hogging away at her hay. And I said, "Did my good girl make poopy for mommy?" (It's comments like these that make people think I'm crazy!)

I'm so relieved so she is fine in that 'department', it takes a load of worry off me. And boy, is she a little food hog too! She definitely has a big appetite, LOL. :D

She sounds like she's fine! I lucked out on Pebbles with the hay eating. She LOVES her hay and I can't keep enough in before she eats it all! :D.

Are we going to get more pictures of this baby girl? :D

Haley LOVES her hay too! I put a big pile in there yesterday and it is almost completely gone this morning. :D

I will have more pics this evening. I'm going to take some as soon as I get home. :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back