how much are those bunnies in the window!!!??????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
I went to the pet shop today and I saw the mostadorable baby bunnies, 2 of them together in a cage on of them a minilop and the other a mini rex!!! Im thinking of gettting them bothbecause I don't want to seperate them, I don't know how bunbun willadjust because she is older than they are andI have no cluewhat sexe they are!!! and bringning home more than one bunny, will thatcause fighting ???? will bunbun be jealous because they are alreadybonded????? do you guys think its a good idea to introduce 2new bunnies at the same time to my bunbun???

I'm just going to add my two cents and suggestmaybe ... holding off on the pet store buns. If you really want anotherrabbit or two, go to your local animal shelter. There you'll find abunnies truly deserving of a home. That way, too, you can start offwith just one new bunny and make the bonding process easier. Buyingfrom a pet store only means these two bunnies will be replaced, andcontinue the vicious cycle that means rabbits ending up at the shelter.

the shelter doessound like a betteridea:)!!! :pI would rather save a bunny in need!!!! Though Idon't think I have ever seen any bunnies at my local shelter, I guess iwill ask just in case they are hidden somewhere;):D

What state/province do you live in? Perhaps I can help track some shelters down for you...:D

You were right, I found the Greater SudburyAnimal Shelter's site, and they don't ahve rabbits :( Bear with me,because I don't know Ontario that well, and don't know how close someof these places are to you:

On thiswebsite, ifyou scroll to the bottom, are a couple organizations in Ontario similarto the House Rabbit Society.

Then there's RabbitRescue.ca, aregistered charity dedicated to finding new homes for domestic rabbitsthat have been abused, abandoned or neglected. They work with numerousshelters across Ontario, as well as individual owners. At the moment,they have a lot of bunnies that need homes :D They also operatethrough shelters and foster homes, so you may be able to find bunsquite close to you.

And here's just a general listing ofAnimalShelters & Rescue Groups in Ontario

Hope all this helps :D

m.e. wrote:
...On thiswebsite, ifyou scroll to the bottom, are a couple organizations in Ontario similarto the House Rabbit Society.

Then there's RabbitRescue.ca, aregistered charity dedicated to finding new homes for domestic rabbitsthat have been abused, abandoned or neglected. They work with numerousshelters across Ontario, as well as individual owners. At the moment,they have a lot of bunnies that need homes :D....
Although about all our rabbits have been rescues, most from a shelter,I think I should like to add that when one rescues a rabbit from ashelterone is getting a rabbit that may have been,"abused,abandoned or neglected" in some manner and it may come with all theemotional baggage that terminology implies. HRS,God bless it, often saves bunnies that rescue centers have been unableto place due to physical disabilities, chronic conditions, and/orpersonality quirks. One might not want to deal with a rabbitexhibiting any of those traits ona long term basis, however,as a pet.

Before adopting, try to be as certain as you can that the rabbit is, infact, a tractable and friendly rabbit and does not demonstrate anynegative character traits like over aggressiveness or biting.Rescue centers often spay/castrate before putting animals up foradoption, thereby saving you the additional expense.

In our area, the local rescue center adoption fee is less expensivethan the "donation" expected by local HRS and the rabbits do come to usneutered. Over the years, it has grown to trust us and wehave the opportunity to "foster" rabbits on a "trial" basis, so we nolonger run the risk of buying a "pig(rabbit) in a poke," so to speak.

Like all "business" transactions, buyer must beware, even in the bunnybuying world. All sources of bunnies have pluses and minusesto be considered when looking for a potential new pet.

Buck

Im ready for whatever comes my way;)Iwant to help any way I can! I do understand that I could get a bunnywho has been abused and that I could very well have a difficult timebut im sure I'll manage im very patient and never give up on my babies:)

Well, you got the properattitude. Now, all you lack is the bunny, so Iguess you've got to go get them, wherever you may find them.I do think that sometimes we are destinied to "connect" with some buns,as "things" are arranged so we meet them. That may be thecase with your pet store duo.

Best of luck to you, luna21, and any bun(s) you finally adopt.

Buck

I am getting another rabbit tomorrow from ashelter. This was a stray they found and his ears are alittle beat up. I don't think many would be interestead inhim beacuse of that. He is surprisingly relaxed. Heneeds to get fixed and the vet will check him out. Other thanhis ears he looks in good shape, teeth, fur eyes, fur, feetetc. I passed over this adorable dwarf hot tot for him.

Ed

Latest posts

Back