how i began to love bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
This is my story about how i became addicted to bunnies............

this is a very touchy subject for me,but i just wanted to share it with you guys......

Well my youngest son Jeremy asked if we could get a pet rabbit,i saidno for a very long time because i knew as a mother,he would get tiredof it,but one day i dont even know why,i said ok but...i want to get awhite one and call her lollipop,i still dont know why to this day why ihad already planned for a white bunny and i already had her name pickedout,anyway we did go to the pet shop to go have a look,there were threebunnies,one black,one gray and sitting therewasthis white bunny just making out she was not interested on what wasgoing on,there was this instant connection i just had to haveher......she came home with us that day.

She never had a cage,she was just a free bunny,somehow i felt shedeserved the freedom,it didnt take her long to get used to the two boysand myself,and my home,somehow she made everything seem brighter,myhome just glowed with her in it,she was the most perfect thing that ihad ever come across,she would sleep under my bed,and it was funnybecause when i went to bed at night she would follow and just lay undermy bed,and in the morning guaranteed she would be waiting for me in thehallway in the same spot,so i would lay with her for ages on the floortalking to her,by now the kids knew she was my bunny,this was my veryfirst experience with a bunny and i loved it to pieces,i cherished thelove she showed me,bunny love is the most sweetest thing i have everknown,she showed me many things,she also taught me a lot about myselfas well,how could a bunny do this to me.

I found the most simplist things exciting,like buying her toys,justeven going to the veggie shop to get her greens and i would go home andsay to her "lollipop,baby girl look what i have for you"she would comerunning to see what i had,ohh i loved that little girl with every bitof my heart *tears running down my face*i would find myself racing homejust so i could see those big innocent eyes,and to feel that lovelysoft fur and snuggle with her,noone really understood how i felt theyjust never had the experience,thats all,but my kids knew just how muchi loved her,even though my eldest son did call me a dork most times,infun of course.

A lot of crap had gone on in my life and somehow she just made it allmelt away,how could a bunny do this,she taught me how to smileagain,she had this affect over me that to this day i still dontunderstand,did god send her to me?,to let me know that my life wasworth something to show me how to smile to put a bit of love and warmthback into my heart again,because that is exactly what she did.I lovedmy kids to death,they knew that,i would do absolutely anything forthem,but there was something missing and lollipop filled up thatmissing gap.

On the morning of march 8th 04,she died*more tears running down my face* :(

i seen her just lying there slumped over,i couldnt go to her,i screamednooooooo and i ran to the phone to call my sister,i was bawling my eyesout like a little baby,i said lollipops dead and i dont have the heartto go look at her,Cathy my sister cried ohh Cheryl,ill be there soon.

My sister picked her up,and i said shes dead isnt she?and she said yeahshes gone,i fellto my kneesand kept sayingno,no,no,no,no over and over,it hurt soooo bad,my heart hurt realbad,my sister buried her as i couldnt do it,how could i bury somethingthat i treasured,i couldnt even say goodbye to her,i didnt look at hereither.

She was gone forever,taken from me,that little girl who taught me many things and showed me who i am,just gone forever.........

The strange thing that morning she died it started to lightlyrain,there was no forcast of rain either the sky was clear,but it justdrizzled with rain,and for some reason which i cannot remember i wentto move my car,now my car was like new,i never ever had any problemswith it what so ever,but that morning i could not move it because thebattery was dead,and my central locking went haywire,they were going upand down all by themselves,i got pretty spooked by it,well my car wasnever the same after that morning it just got worse and worse,my cardied with lollipop:(

It had taken me a very long time to get over her death,i just cried allthe time,it took me months to finally start to feel better,the kidsjust didnt know what to do as they had never seen me like that before,ifound it hard to sleep at night because i kept seeing her face and herbig black eyes,i just wanted the pain to go away.It did get better astime went on,though the memories will never fade away.

My little baby girl lollipop,you took a piece of my heart with you :(

but she did leave something behind for me,she left something calledbunnylove....and it opened up my heart to all these otherwonderful bunnies who share my life now.

yes,this storyis coming from a 32 year old woman,with two boys aged 10 and 15,

and it is my story about the most sweetest little girl bunny called lollipop......this is how i began to love bunny rabbits.....

cheryl

Aww, that was the most beautiful and touching story Cheryl, it made me cry.Thank you for sharing it :hug2

:tears2:What a wonderful story and tribute toLollipop. I know how devastated I was when my first rabbit, Fudge,died, so I can sympathise. That is why I am so glad I found this place,so others understand the love we have for our fur babies.

I am sure Lollipop is pleased to have made you aware of bunny love, and you sharing it with all your bunnies now :).

Jan

Oh Cheryl! That made me cry too.

I believe that rabbits are a priceless gift, put on this world for somesort of reason. Lollipop had a great time, even if it wasn't for a toolnog of a time. She knew what love was, warmth was, and the truemeaning of life was. She fullfilled her duties and I'm sure thatsometime you'll meet her again :).

The gift she gave you is priceless too, for it's one of those few amazing things in life.

spring wrote. The gift she gave you is priceless too, for it's one of those few amazing things in life.

This is so true..i could have never repaid her as much,as what she showed me.

thankyou for letting me share this with you guys..you all do really understand

(even though i already did say this before)

cheryl

Back