How do you tell if a doe is pregnant...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Okay... my pride made me not ask the vet todouble check on Gir's sex... which I know was kinda stupid.But now I am starting to think he is really a she.

Gir's belly is rounding out. being that I have never had ababy bunny I dont know if this is normal... but then again I have neverhad a possibly pregnant doe either.

This is going to be so indignant to poor Gir, but I am going to take apicture of Gir's nether regions and ask for your advice ::laughs::

I know the pictures arent the best quality but trying to take a pictureof this by yourself isnt the easiest thing to manage. Also, Idont know what I am supposed to feel for by palpatation so that iskinda out of the question.

giragirl.jpg

Feel any marbles in her belly?

-Carolyn

Nope, but the belly has really puffedout. Honestly I am just confused with this sexing.His belly is pronounced, but he is a garbage disposal. Heeats EVERYTHING. You cant crinkle any sort of wrapper withoutthis bunny coming running and clawing at your leg to getsome.

Do baby rabbits get distended tummies just from eating?

I guess I just get to watch Gir for any signs of impendingmotherhood... I hope he is still a he and I am just getting a littlewacko.

Yes, their bellies to do bigger if pregnant. Sometimes the'marbles/babies' are hard to feel. Is Gir cranky? Making a nest?Nipples swollen? Acting any differently?

-Carolyn

In a Rabbit Care post, there's a website I listed to determine if yourbunnies' pregant. It might be back a page or two, but it's worthclicking into it.

Can you get a photo that's a littleclearer? It looks like a buck from what I can see, but it'snot very clear. Get a little closer and put your fingerpartially over the flash so it's not so bright.

Pam

How old is Gir? Testicles on a buckwould be evident at 4-6 months. Yes, the belly may feel alittle distented after eating or when the bladder is very full.

Pam

From my best estimate he is only a couple ofmonths old, his testicles havent dropped yet. Been trying toget another picture but I just cant seem to get anythingclearer. I dont feel any nipples either when I rub his tummyand I think I read somewhere that male bunnies dont havethem.

HIs belly is just sobig

Of course, he is a garbage disposal. Heck I dont even knowwhat breed he could be catergorizedas Iknow he is probably a mutt, but it would be nice to know what size heis going to grow to be, and I can dream he is a Brittania Petite...because that would mean he would stay little! I guess he isjust a chubby male. I figured he was a buck when I firstsexed him, but the round tummy started getting me nervoushehe.

I only put in a little grain everyday, the buns get unlimited timothyand usually unlimited fresh veggies depending on if I went to the storethat day or not.

Hey,

there's NOTHIN' as round as a fat baby tummy. For some reason it getsreally big but the rest of the body stays narrow. Bubby is still goingthrough that phase at 13 wks or so.

And he IS a boy. No doubt (lol). Oh yeah, boys definitely have nipples, just really tiny. You'll find 'em.

Rose

Latest posts

Back