How do I make her stooop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz16

Reaction score
Mimzy digs allll night long. She tears up cardboard allll night. She is free roaming so it idnt from lack of excercise. Lack of sleep is leading to insanity. I wake up at midnight and cant get back to sleep...It's so early right now and work+baby+everything else...i need sleep.

i locked her and fallow in a kennel and put them in another room in hopes i might sleep. ):

Can you put her in her cage and put a sheet over it at night? If it's totally dark she may the idea that she's supposed to be sleeping.

eh not really as they dont really have a cage. their NIC cage is huge due to their size

last night she and fallow ended up in a pet carrier in the other room because i couldnt sleep. that is possibly what i may have to do until she learns to sleep at night..i dont know what else to do

Is there something you could give her that she could dig in that makes less noise? Midas used to do the SAME thing and keep me up all night.. it drove me up a wall (I started being almost mean to him.. it was terrible). Finally I put him in his cage at night (I built one just for this purpose) and gave him "silent" toys.

Getting them to sleep at night can be difficult, as this is their usually active time.

ya i know their nocturnal...and i dont know what i could give her as silent toys...she digs and chreds cardboard. she doesnt play with other toys...

I don't know if this will work or not. But when My cat was a kitten, she would meow all night.

So what I did is any time I saw her sleeping during the day I woke her up. and did my best to keep her up. I had two roommates at he time and they helped me while I was at school or at work. It took a while but now she just sleeps through he night.

Can you apply that to a rabbit?

lol i did try this monday!!!

but as single mom who works full time i cant keep poking her awake throughout the day...

i think right now...an option may just be locking them up in another room at night and giving them free roam during the day and hopefully that will change their schedule around a bit

Latest posts

Back