How dangerous are dry carnations to bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I threw the carnations in the trash today so Audrey wouldn't get into them during the photo shoot.

I was sitting here doing stuff and I just heard munching (she's having playtime)....and I didn't think much of it....but she ate at least two - and maybe three - dried carnations (dead).....

They were from the grocery store - I don't think there were any pesticides on them - and it was the flowers - not the stem.....

I'm heading for the library now to research this.....

Peg

I have just become a new bunny mom and don't know....but I did want to say I hope everything turns out ok...

The feral bunnies around here LOVE carnations.

And dried anything is usally pretty safe in terms of the natural toxic ingredients in the plant (although not pesticides, etc).

According to Rami, rabbits eating toxic plants is rarely a concern.

sas :bunnydance:

Whew! Relief here, too!!

I missed this...was spending time with Em, then putting her to bed...

I'm glad my girl is okay, though...*sigh of relief*

NO MORE CARNATIONS, STINKER!! :shame

Here...have some dandelions instead! :flowerskiss:

Hey, Peg...would you mind if I ordered something along the lines of safe dried flowers for her and the boys to eat as a treat? I don't know what exactly is out there (I know dried rose petals are, or something like them), but I'll look around...and since she has a preference...I'd like to give her something safe like that. :)

:biggrin2:

Edited to add: They have a few things kinda like what I mean on the Bunny Bunch website. Like the Garden Treats, CRUNCH a Munch, Apple Twigs, etc. I'll look around for other such things. :)

Latest posts

Back