How big will a dwarf bunny get?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity

Reaction score
We were told Zoie was a dwarf but I swear she growing so much everyday we are getting kinda nervous haha

Do you have a picture of how she looks now? She looks like a dwarf in your avatar, but sometimes very young mixed breeds can fool you. Unfortunately, that's not uncommon.

TinysMom wrote:
From:http://www.lonestarrabbitry.com/netherlanddwarfs.htm

[align=left]

Q: How big will my Netherland Dwarfs get?
[/align]A: Bucks and does reach there full weight at 6 months of age and should not be over 2 1/2 lbs.
I believe, but I could be wrong, that they reach their full length by about that age, and then fill out, reaching their full size at about 2years? (that's what ours seem to do, but of course they could be contrary).

This is taken from the BRC (British Rabbit Council) website but I'm not sure if this varies across countries as to show specs.

'WEIGHT (Note for guidance, the weight of an ideal Adult exhibit should be as near as possible to kg 1.0 - (21b) ).Disqualification - over kg 1.134 (2.1/21b) Adult.'

My nethie's are mostly bigger than that, because we have got some throw backs (i.e. nethies were bred down from larger rabbits so a throw back is an unproportionately large rabbit).

Hope that helps.

Netherland dwarfs will be fully grown at six months of age.they can weigh up too 21/2 lbs.other dwarf breeds ,dwarf hotots up to 3 lbs.Polish are not a dwarf breed but a small breed that are commonly called a dwarf breed weigh up too 3 1/2 lbs.bluebird

Thank you everyone for your help. She is about 3 months old and these pictures are her in the time period of 3 weeks. See how much she has grown!!

DSC01757x.JPG

Latest posts

Back