Housing Bunnies Together

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trixter

Reaction score
I have two rabbits, A mom (Over a year old) And her son (8 months or so) ATM theyre both in seperate medium cages. My Dad made a HUGE Cage for our dog, but we never used it and he says I can use it for my bunnies! I want to get another bunny (to breed with either Trix (the mom) or a girl to breed with AJ (son). Could I pair the new bunny with one of my rabbits in the large cage? Or will I have to have one HUGE cage for one bunny and 2 medium ones? :?I dont plan on spaying/neutering my rabbits because I may breed them

Also be careful the mom and son are not housed or play together. I'm sure you know they don't think about being related before breeding.

Ultimately, you really can't house intact rabbits together. Intact rabbits are more likely to fight with each other and will hump. While some can get along, I would not let them live together maybe just have play time. 2 of opposite sexes will breed. The doe can have a litter every month and that is not good for her or the kits.
You would be quite lucky to have 2 intact rabbits of the same sex get along. 2 does might be better than 2 bucks, but it really depends on the rabbits.

If you really want them to be able to live together, then they should be spayed or neutered.

Latest posts

Back