Holland & Poopy Bottoms

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to update everyone on wilbur and let you know he is doing great. I finally was able to cut out his matted fur near his hiney and everything is going well down there now :) He's enjoying his new veggies too. I wonder if it was just from that matted fur then and maybe I can try the regular feed again, because the oxbow timothy is hard to come by around here.

He's on oxbow timothy I think right now or APD, the rescue I got the pellets from didn't know because they told me it's depends on what supplier they get it from at the time so It could be mixed too I'm not sure. I noticed he lost some weight since on the timothy, he's at 3lbs now. Is that underweight for a holland he is almost 2 years old. I can get the labdiet at a local feed store, the only thing is I think it's in 50lb bags and I have one bun. I could always donate it toa rescuewhatever I don't need. I think taking out the collards helped a lot too, because I didn't realize how much calcium was in those. He used to get collards every single day.

Definately stick with something low-protein then. As for his weight, it depends on the individual. On healthy rabbits, you should be able to feel his ribs without pushing through much fat. You shouldn't feel their spines or hip bones much, although on some individuals you do when they are a healthy weight. It's possible he was overweight before. Most pet rabbits are, despite our best intentions. A lot of times they look healthy with a visual check but are actually chubby.

Latest posts

Back