Holding a bunny question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaGirl

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a bunny that doesn't like to be held to love being held??

Lola is so hard to hold. She hates to be cuddled. I usually don't even pick her up anymore because when I try she bites me. :X I just open the door to her cage to let her come out on her own and to get her back in I give her a treat. She loves to be petted though once she is out and will sit still while petting, but if I pick her up, forget it.

Ah, not too worry! Sounds like a large majority of bunnies! :D Not many out there actually enjoys being held, mostly they just tolerate it, but don't truly enjoy it. It just goes against their nature as a prey animal, they feel much safer on the ground. They will be a lot more willing to cuddle and show affection if they aren't feeling threatened.

I love to just lay in the middle of the room when the bunnies are out, they will usually come up and say hello or come to lie down by you, that's usually were most of the cuddling occurs!

I usually only handle my guys if I have to clip nails or move them around. They put up with being handled, but only really Poppy and a tiny bit of Bruno (after we've gone past the lifting up stage) actually enjoy it somewhat.

"Ah, not too worry! Sounds like a large majority of bunnies! Not many out there actually enjoys being held, mostly they just tolerate it, but don't truly enjoy it. It just goes against their nature as a prey animal, they feel much safer on the ground. They will be a lot more willing to cuddle and show affection if they aren't feeling threatened."
:yeahthat: lol Mine were very much cuddle bugs (well one was, the would rather be exploring lol) but when it came to picking them up, no thank you! They definitely preferred not to be picked up but if I laid on the bed Ivy would come stretch out beside me and I would pet him while he drifted to sleep. So don't feel alone or like your bunny doesn't like you! :)

Latest posts

Back