Hi guys its been awhile since my last post

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
Well as you all know, I've got 2 new bunnies acinamon lop and a beige lion head!! I just rescued a bunny yesterday,he was in the most disgusting environment and he is so meak and sickand you wouldn't believe where i found him! the pet shop!!!!! I justcouldn't stand to see the little guy suffer and i know i can give him agood home so now i've got a sick little bunny on my hands, he sneezesalot and I think i heard him weaze a few times he's only 8 weeks old!!!he is still drinking and eating but i don't think he's in any goodcondition, he's adorable I called him flopsy because he's alwaysflopping down alot for a nap! He's always sleeping is this normal????or is it because he's still a baby?? anyways guys i need your advice!!!Im taking him to the vet on monday so that he is checked thoroughlyuntil then what should i do to keep him comfortable he's not yet littertrained either so he's a stinky little fela!

Luna, what kind is he?

If he's sneezing a lot it might be the hay or something with lots ofdust. Shake it out a bunch before you give it tohim. Bo had problems with alfalfa hay when he was a baby.

Bo was about 12 weeks old when I got him and he did sleep quite abit. Make sure he's warm and just give him pellets and waterand hay for now.

Stinky? is he pooing everywhere, peeing everywhere? or doeshe stink from laying in it or something? Bo would mark hispoos and leave them on me when he was becoming mature.... smelled likeold onions and garlic YUCK!

He's a lop!! I will get pictures as soon as I canto show you!!:pso they do sleep alot when they'rebabies!;)thats a relief I thought he was dying orsomething!!!!!!!!!!! He's stinky cuz he's peeing all over his cage andit smells like urine everywhere!! he doesn't go in just one area!!

Hi Luna,

Congrats on the new buns!!

Yeah, it's really scarey when a little one seems to be sick. Our littleCooper seemed to be okay when we brought him home. Then he got reallybad diareah after about 4 days with us. We rushed him to the vet withinabout 2 hours after it started. It was a good thing that we did. Thevet told us that he might have a chance if it was just the diareah, butshe also found a mass in his abdomen and discovered something wrongwith his heart. She also said that she thought that he was only about6-7 weeks old and was probably to young to be taken from his mother.Her suggestion was to put him out of his misery and pain. HardestdecisionI made in a long time, but probably best.

I'm sure everything will be fine for Flopsy. Just keep a close eye onhim, keep him warm, lottsa hay, alphalpha pellets, and water. Mythoughts and prayers are with you all. Keep us updated.

Jim

Poor flopsy.... my older lop cinabun startedhumping him !!! I wonder if this is normal because cinabun is afemale!! should she be doing that? and will it hurt flopsy because he'sso small??

right now im letting flopsy out for a while whencinabun is in her cage, then I switch so they both get a turn toexcercise!! I really hope the humping stops:p!!!!

Watch closely and get him a litterboximmediately! (if you don't have one already!) Bo took a couple of daysto find his "corner" but as soon as he did it's neverchanged. EVEN when I changed his cage..... same corner, backleft.... LOL.

Sounds like he's a doll. I can't wait to see him!

Yep, babies sleep just like a human does from what I know..... heck, big bunnies sleep like that LOL!

Just make sure he's eating, drinking, poopin, and peein..... :)

Back