Hey Pamnock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
Just wondering if in your opinion she is a minilop or a holland, with the pictues and weight. I would like to know sothat when I am trying to find homes for the babies I can be accurate inwhat kind of a mix they are. Thanks for the help!

Fergi's mom

Do you have some photos of her from theside? It can be hard to tell, as a rabbit isn't always thebest representation of what it's supposed to be :)My guess is most likely a small Mini Lop, just because she has more ofa Mini head and a color that is more common in Minis. I'dlike to see a side view of her head and body if possible.

Pam

I thought it was very interesting that all of Fergi's babies seem to have a chocolate topping on their heads.

Will their colors lighten? They definitely seem to take after their mother rather than their father.

As a matter of fact, ...are you sure Big Ben's the Daddy? :shock:

-Carolyn

Fergi is a Chestnut and if I'm remembering right,daddy is a Sandy -- same color genetically as the Chestnut, just somegenetic variance in the different breeds/lines as the Sandy Flemishpossess more of the cumulitive effects of the redder, roufus color andalso most likely, the wide band gene, which is recessive and usuallynot seen in the lop lines (meaning the kits will probably be darkerlike mom). The color may progress at differentrates on the different kits as the ticking begins to show. Itwill be interesting to see who the kits end up looking like.

Pam

Here are the only side pictures I have of her,and she didn't want anything to do with me posing hertonight:?If these aren't good enough I will try to get somein the morning.

47b4cf39b3127cce9bfe5f2001f200000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b4cf39b3127cce9bfe5f48019a00000016108QZMXDho5bG

So you are leaning toward the mini? I can't wait to see what the babieswill look like! I can't wait to see their little personalities too!

Fergi's mom

Good photos! I'd call her a Mini Lop because that's the breed she most resembles.

Pam

WOW!:shock:I LOVE thecolourings in your rabbits fur! It reminds me of the colour of the wildrabbits that jump around in my backyard:pIts a beautifulcolour:)

Cassandra

So here is a picture of Fergi the proudmommy. She does have beautiful coloring and I bet she haslots of personality.:D She just has that look abouther. Thanks for sharing her photo. Ihaveenjoyed seeing her kits also. Thanks Beckie

Latest posts

Back