Hey Bo....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Here's a shot ofSebastian's cage since I put his new mats in. The lighter colored onesare the corn husk mats. I bought them at Pier one and they are like .88a square foot. You can buy it like you do carpet, however much youwant. You can cut them apart in 4" squares I think it is. I hot gluetacked them to all his surfaces where you see them. Then the dark matis his sea grass mat and he LOVES it! He also loves his towel and yes Iknow it's not good for him and I know Carolyn will scoldme... but I wash it every couple of days and I keep a close eye on him. Hehas plenty of other stuff to chew on and he doesn't tend to chew on ittoo much. I moved his cage again. Now it's right next to my desk and inthe center of the activity in the house, the kitchen/dinningroom.He loves it because there's always something going onand he's always in the middle of it!

Raspberry

Here's his cage with the mats-

15yrmu

This shows you where he is situated in the dinning room-

15yreg

15yrkj

Poor Sebby isn't waking up with his girl now?!? LOL!

Those corn mats, are they safe for them to chew, that's the "maze"mats from World Market.... only theirs are 12 in x 12 in and you get itlike carpet strips too!

They had those, but were out of the grass ones. I wantboth! Bo could use them for sure! Thanks for the pics too:) It sure helps to see things sometimes when you are tryingto find a new item for a bunny!

His cage is really nice. I need to extend Bo's.But Bo does get out to play a lot... he's into things now! lol

I'm even thinking of getting sea grass mats formy bunnies' cages. They have wood planks right now and they need thosefor the winter since their bathroom habits seem to go out the window!But in the summer I'm planning on adding a few sea grass mats andpossibly using it in their box because they don't need the insulationfrom straw in the summer. Spice would have a field day, but I'mguessing the nearest Pier 1 can't be within 40 minutes of me, so that'sgoing to have to wait.

I doubt we have those stores! I've never heard of them, although we have an Ikea, I was thinking perhaps they have some.

:shock:I'll have to see about Ronathen. I checked the Ikea website and nothing, but my dad informs methere is a Pier 1 pretty close (still over a half an hour drive). I'llstop by one place sooner or later

I bought my firstsea grass mat at Pier One and didn't like it nearly as muchasI do or as Sebastian does the one we got at Home Depot.This one was 10.00 but it has two layers and is knotted muchdifferently. It's smaller, softer knots and a softer texture. It was inthe same department that the carpet was in. I left the Pier One matsoutside! Bo, these maze mats are in little squares that make biggersquares so I'll bet it's the same product that we are talkingabout.

By the way, I don't usually have a big,green chair in my dinning room...it was there because the Christmastree took it's spot in the living-room!

Raspberry

Raspberry,

Is that 2 sets of cube shelving you used? I just ordered oneset from BBB but I don't think it comes with enough to make a cage thatbig. I have all 3 of my buns in one cage so I want to makesure it is plenty big enough. -I had another question for youalso but can't remember it now.....dumm diddy dummm......

Jen

Yep, I used 2 setsand used every panel! The few panels that weren'tused for theactual outside of the cage were the ones that were used for the floorsfor the levels. Now, I've noticed that a few others have not put floorsin their cages. So, if you did that you would havea fewsquares left for spares or to use for a ramp or morepiecesfor your levels, etc.

Raspberry

Thanks, I'll have toorderanother set. We live in the middle of nowhere so we don'thave most of the stores you guys talk about on here. I hope Ican find the mats somewhere.

The cage they are in now was just thrown together (3 ft by 3 ft)because Snowball and Pappy had outgrown the one they were in and Ididn't want to buy one. (All the big cages are very costly)It cost me more in the end then buying one would have and we didn't doa very good job on it so the screen on the bottom is sagging to themiddle. Thier litterbox, fooddishes,igloo and stuffall slide to the middle ofthe cage.

Jen

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
He also loves histowel and yes I know it's not good for him and I know Carolyn willscoldme... but I wash it every couple of days and I keep a close eye onhim.
I meant to comment on this yesterday:

Bo had a washcloth when he first got here. Then hegot a towel. Then he got his own pieces of fleece I bought atWalmart in the remnants.

Bo doesn't chew his blankies EVER. I haven't had to worryabout it and I dont' know why. I am a bit afraid that if Iever leave him with a sitter or something he might get upset so Iwouldn't leave them with him or tell the sitter to only allow him hisblankie when you are with him.

I know a lot of people say that their bunnies chew towels and stuff. I wonder why some do and some don't. :?

This is bo in his first cage, with his washcloth, around the time Itook it out and changed him to his big cage.He was4mos old here, and we had him for 1 month.He was solittle then LOL!

Latest posts

Back