Helpful suggestions??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calgal981

Reaction score
I read a recent post where someone requested help. Their circumstance was such that vet care seemed to be out of reach. At the risk of offending someone on the list I still feel the need to comment on the responses that were posted to that person.

When help is searched out comments about how you are being *cruel or inhuman* by not seeking vet care, to me area bit out of line. A gentle reminder that its our responsibility to seek help would be okay, but do we really want to alienate someone that is seeking help and may NOTbe able to afford vet care?. We really risk losing that person and what help we CAN offer to the bun in question. Ideally, all people raising animals have the means of providing care. But that isn't the real world and there are many animals that we can offer help to on this board that may not be able to get other care.Please don't bash someone seeking assistance!

I'm sorry if this is offensive to anyone. Its not my intention to point fingers or hurt feelings. Its my opinion. Thanks for allowing me to express it. Vicki

I'm sorry you feel that way. But in some circumstances all the helpful ideas and suggestions we can give wont help that rabbit. There are just some things that need a vet period. We do everything we can to help every single person on here in a friendly helpful manner. There are ways of making money. Selling things, credit cards, loans, payment plans. It isn't our job to sit back while an animal suffers, it is to put the animal first.

:yeahthat:

I understand that a lot of times vet care is not possible and we do usually all try to give whatever advice we can. But, as you know, there are just some things that can only be helped by a vet visit.

Also, a lot of people are unaware that there are routes available to obtain vet care (like asking the vet for a payment plan, care credit etc) and I think we are obligated to suggest this. It would be irresponsible for us to recommend anything other than vet care when it is something serious or life-threatening.

I do agree with you that name calling is not needed. Im sure that stems from frustration regarding owners who bring home an animal that they cannot afford to care for. You are right though, driving a member away through insults only puts their rabbit in a worse position without our help.

If you see anything in a thread that you find offensive, feel free topm a mod and we will take it under consideration. If youre referring to the recent pregnancy thread, though, I really think it was handled very tastefully by everyone who offered advice.

Back