HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnytamer

Reaction score
My 11 mon. old rabbit got bit by another rabbit about 3 weeks ago. We have been using an antiseptic spray on it but, just resently we found a small hole in his ear. What can I do? Will the hole ever close up? Here are some pics.

Bunny.jpg

Here is the bunny

Ear1.jpg

Ear2.jpg

Here is the ear.

meds.jpg

Here is the medicine

I don't think the hole will heal up, since the edges look like they're pretty clean. I've never used that Scarlex stuff, but it looks like a pretty good antiseptic. He is really cute but will probably always have that hole. It might have been possible to make it heal differently, or sew the hole shut, but now the edges look pretty well healed. I hope the hole in the ear doesn't DQ him or something...

Yeah, from the picture it doesn't look infected at all, and it looks like it's been healed already.

Does he react when you touch it? If he doesn't react like it's painful, it's likely healed over and the hole will probably stay. I think it just adds character. But if he's a show bunny it could be a problem I guess.

He is not a show rabbit but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't attract flies. It is pretty much healed up and he doesn't react to me touching it. The sad thing is that it was his mom that did this to him.

I don't need to repeat what everyone else has said, though I agree.

But I've heard of lots chewing on their own ears, and they're always fine, so I'd assume he would be too.

basically everyone has said all you can say i would recomend a vet which you probably have been to already but oh well he is a cute bunny tho he can hear alright tho cant he?? hope its not a big problem it does look like a small hole

Back