HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babbit

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jessica andI'm 15. I got a bunny when I was 10 nd her name is Babbit. She's beenacting weird latley and was wondering if anyone can help me figure outwhat's wrong. She prett much stopped eating and she's osing alot ofweight. She use to jump arund the cage when someone walked up to herbut now she just lays aroun the cage. Her ers are ice cold but I'm notsure if that's like a dog and means she's not sick or if its theopposite form dog and means she sick.... I'm really worriedabout her. Can someon pease help me? My e-mail is[email protected]and my yahoo s/n is racer_girl892003. I'll beon if anyone can help me.Thank you

I think a vet visit is in order for your rabbit!The rabbit is also old, it could possibly be getting too old and atthat age where they pass on (not trying to scare you!). I don't knowwhat's wrong but I definitely think your rabbit needs to see a vet.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid someone wouldsay. :(I just fed her ad she dumped her food out... Mybrother's said she eat some but she picks at it more than usual. I'llhave my mom take her to the vet as soon as possible. If anyone ha anymore advice please tell me... I'm so worried about her... She'smy ageland I don't know what Id do if something happened to her *cries*

Is she drinking, pooping, and peeing?You might try giving her some pedialite fluid, for babies, as a meansof hydrating her and tempt her to eat with any kind of treat she mightlike. You want to keep her systems moving, and not shut down.

Do you think she was able to eat something that is now unable to movethrough her intestinal system? Plastic, cloth,wire,etc.? If so, your vet would want to know that.

Wish you and Babbit the best of luck andhealth.

Buck

Good luck at the vets! Fingers and paws crossed here for Babbit.

My guinea pig isnt eating so I am having to feed him liguid food with asrynge. You may need to do this if she continues not to eat to keep hergut working.

Siobhan xxx

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
I think a vet visit is in order for your rabbit! The rabbitis also old, it could possibly be getting too old and at that age wherethey pass on (not trying to scare you!). I don't know what's wrong butI definitely think your rabbit needs to see a vet.
Totally agree. I wouldn't worry to much about the cold earthing though. Both my bunnies get both really cold and reallyhot ears for no apparent reason.

Welcome Babbit,

You might try some Nutri Cal, dietary supplement, which has nutrients,will help stimulate her appetite (hopefully), and boost her immunesystem until she's back on her regular regime.

Cold ears isn't necessarily a bad thing. How long has she not been eating?

Agree with the others that if she's not at least drinking, give her atleast a few syringes full of water to keep her hydrated.

I'll be thinking and praying for you and your little one.

I'd offer her anything I could get her to eat to just get her back in stride, some vegetables or fruits.

I'd get her to a vet as well. Any discharge from her nose or eyes?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back