help with hurt bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiced77

Reaction score
i have a bun that recently broke one of his frontlegs. as of now, he's hopping around as normally as he can, but attimes i can tell he's in a little pain. does anyone have any tips tohelp him with this?? i was hoping for herbal methods before i go to thevet for actual meds..

also, does anyone have any tips to keep him from nibbling the tape onhis cast?! we're going to put a little extra first aid tape on, butwe'd like to stay away from coning him if we can..

TIA!

Ermmm

I dont have any experience in this but if I were you id go to the vetsto get him checked out. Just to be on the safe side. Cos you wouldntwant anything to hurt your bunny.

But thats just my opinion Im sure someone else will no something to help.

Luv loz

XxX

Welcome Spiced77,

Keep him off the leg as much as possible. Make himcomfortable, and be sure he doesn't have to get up to drink or eat fornow.Have you noticed a difference in hisappetite?

An HerbalSite list is:http://islandgems.net/herbalremedies.htmlComfrey helps with bones.

The vet might need to set the leg.

-Carolyn

You can use a cone collar to keep bunny fromchewing on the wrap (be careful not to wrap too tightly)!Depending on how bad the break is, it may heal well on it's own, but itwould be a good idea to consult a vet.

Pam

Latest posts

Back