Help with Bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
I have seen threads all along about how people bond bunnies and to use the neutral territory but I wondered if someone could tell me ....

1. Will they beat each other up at first? and should I put them together or just sit them close until they know each other?

Bo and Clover got along fine and then suddenly they fight (she beats the crap out of him mostly) and then they were both mean to the baby but I thought they'd like her since she was a baby.

How should I start? should I work with Bo and Clover first?

I'm sorry that nobody responded to this for you. I would start with Bo and Clover, yes. Sit them side by side and pet them, you can carry them around in a laundry basket, take them on a car ride, put them on a dryer to start. If that goes well, make a small pen on neutral territory to do your sessions and as they get along, gradually increase the space and see how it goes.

Break up any fights with a water bottle or your hands (if you are brave, may want to wear gloves), or you can use a piece of board to slip between them when any fights occur. Always try to end a session on a good note.;) Hope that helps. Let us know how they do. Good Luck!

Thanks!

Bo and Clover actually go into a pen together but they suddenly started getting nasty to each other. Clover is about 18 mos old now. I wonder if that is why? Bo is a neutered male 3 year old.

At 18 months, Clover should be out of her hormonal stage...

If they are still fighting with each other on occasion, maybe try taking them on car rides and things. Also, does she only fight with Bo if you or the area smells like the other bunny? My Misty only attacks Charlie if she can smell my 3rd bunny Oliver somewhere.

Nadia

No, it has been awhile now but she is really funny right now. I don't know what her deal is.

She's not very tame - she'll take treats through the cage from us, and she'll play but we have to put her cage down and let her out in the pen. She was injured and couldn't be released or she'd be coyote food.

Well, wish me luck. With Bo and Clover having played together for so long and really only act a bit hateful - I decided they could bond and live together eventually.

Their cages have always been next to each other with a small space in between. Tonight, I took down some barriers on her cage that were up to catch flicked litter, and scooted her right up against Bo's cage. His main area is right there - he eats, drinks and sleeps there most of the time.

We'll see how this goes....... :)

Latest posts

Back