Help w/ giving medicine to my Baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
Baby went to the vet last Thursday. Shehas a little antibotic that she's "suppose" to take twice aday. It's a liquid with a dropper. The first coupleof days she was wonderful about it. It was too easy Iguess. I did what the vet said and got her in a comfortablepostion and then put my hand over her head and put the dropper in thecorner of her mouth, and it was done.

Now...............I try that and she freaks. I cannot get her to take it.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM EXPERIENCE WOULD BE WONDERFUL!!!!

Thanks

Babymommy:?

Can you have someone hold her for you while youquickly squirt the meds in her mouth? I "swaddle" the rabbitsin a towel to securely hold them to tattoo, give pills, cut nails, etc.

Pam

Baby is a very nervous bunny when it comes todoing things she doesn't like. The vet even came to thatconclusion. She said that they normally flip the bunnies overwrapped in a towel to clip their nails and she quickly realized withjust her exam that Baby would have no part of that.

Baby has just over the past three days started letting up pick her upand hold her in a position like a baby, I guess you call it craddled orsomething like that. I could try that way, but maybe with ablanket or towel. My only hesitation with that is that shewill then not want us to pick her up anymore and we've really enjoyedbeing able to finally hold her that way.

Latest posts

Back