HELP urgent, baby rabbit sick :( (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, that makes me feel a bit better that it wasn't my fault. And Evie is doing a great job looking after them, but I guess it's pretty common for them to not all survive.

At least we have the other five, which is a lot :)

It is hard at that age to determine what caused his death. All you can do is your best to protect them and take care of them, which you did. I'm so sorry you lost this little one. It may not have been due to the cat, like others have said. Raising baby rabbits can be very emotionally draining because they are just so fragile and can go downhill so quickly. RIP little one.

I know, it's very hard when they die. I'm kinda used to it with so many animals for so long, but I still get pretty upset by it. I know it's just nature though.

Anyway I've put wire mesh around the run so the cat can't scratch any more, since she is really interested in them now and keep going over to them. It's strange because she was never that interested before, I guess her first time seeing babies. And there was also a stray cat stalking them a second ago before my big tom cat chased him off!

Latest posts

Back