Help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitWhiskers

Reaction score
A few days ago I rescued a beautiful bunny from a neglectful owner. She had a cage but last night she chewed through a few of the bars. To tell you the truth I think it's just a large hampster type cage and it's not designed for a rabbit. Thing is I spent alot of money on her at the vets getting her neglected teeth trimmed and shots as the owner had wild mice in her apartment. I was wondering if anyone in the Scarborough, Ontario area possibly had a spare Bunny cage I could have. If so it would be much apprichiated so that I can keep this amazing and brave girl in my life.
ty so much in advance.

I am not sure if you have a target or anything but you could build a Cube condo for about 30 bucks and even 18 if you only buy one box of cube for a quick fix.

SDC10143.jpg

This cage only took one box just be careful about the big panels. If you look at the picture you see the panel in the middle is a different size.Dont use those excpect for up against the wall or covered flooring.

Or mabye a member could spare a few tell you could get on your feet hope this helps

Neither of my dwarfs need cages, although one has a pen made of those grids to keep her out of trouble or when there's another bunny in her area.

ETA: One lives in my bedroom with a baby gate keeping her in the one room. (She doesn't like TOO much space, 'patrolling' it all is exhausting).

They're both good with their litter boxes and they come when they're called.

I also use those grids for blocking off places they can get behind or under. And especially to keep them away from things they can chew - like wires. :shock:

You can also get wire protectors at places like Remy or Home Depot, plastic covers that go over the wires.

Give her a piece of fleece cloth and a cardboard box to chew and that should keep her distracted. Hopefully she's a hay eater and giving her several kinds of hay will help occupy her.

Remember that rabbits are prey animals and like to have a clear 'path' for escape purposes, and if they think something is blocking their escape routes, be it clothing, wires or your homework, they will 'remove' it. They'll eat it, chew it or throw it. (Wires are like the vines in the forest and they are compelled to sever them for this reason).

But free-run rabbits are friendlier, more entertaining and a lot happier.

sas :bunnydance:

RabbitWhiskers wrote:
Thing is I spent alot of money on her at the vets getting her neglected teeth trimmed and shots as the owner had wild mice in her apartment.

What kind of shots? (And are you sure you have a rabbit-savvy vet?)

sas :?

Can you set her up in a bathroom or something? If she is small enough, a bath tub with blankets will work. Just make sure the area is safe and you haven't used harsh chemicals to clean it.

I just got a couple sets (about 30 girds) for $15 at a garage sale. Check garage and yard sales near your for them. You can usually find ads in the newspaper or signs as you drive around on the weekend.

There might me a member on here who has a cage or some extra grids you could use until you can get a cage. If you click on the location link on your profile, it finds other users who live in the same area.

If you have a Freecycle or Kijiji you might be able to find something free to cheap.

Back