HELP! My French Lop has not given birth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My French Lop has not given birth yet she was due yesterday! She hasn't even shown any signs of labor. No hay piling no fur pulling. I don’t know what to do the lady I bought her from said she is definitely pregnant! She won’t even let me touch her so that makes me think she is pregnant because of the added on aggression. Anything will help! Thank you!

It is not uncommon for them to give birth late. Your bunny is probly fine, if it is her firs litter I makes sense for them to be late but I wouldn't get worried until she is a week over. I hope it goes well though!

Agreed, don't worry over her being a few days late. Bunnies release eggs in response to mating, so there is a little give and take there about when the babies will come. If several days go by or she seems ill or in pain take her to a vet

She is nesting! I’m so happy fight now I was beginning to question if she was even pregnant but she is! She stated to pull her fur and is pulling hay in her mouth and making a nest. How long do you guys think it will be till she has her kits?

Yes but unfortunately she has only given birth to one and it came out dead I’m hoping she has more. All she is doing is drinking water and eating hay and right now she is laying down in. Her nest.

I am so sorry... I hope there are more! It isn't uncommon for the first litter to not make it... there is still a chance though!

Back