Help Me Please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

hello i am new here and i need some help with my bunnies! i havenever had them before and i thought that i might try them out! Therenames are Bonnie and Clide. Bonnie is the girl and clide is the boy.Bonnie is all black and clide is all white with a little bit of brownaround his eyes and brown ears. I do not know what kind they are ornothing and i was wondeing if you guys could help me out. Like whatkind of treats to give them and other things like that. Well i hopethat you can help me thanks!

Welcome to the forum, B&C,

We'll be glad to help you with your questions. I saw your other post about treats and have responded in that post.

It's a good idea to ask specific questions. You might find a lot ofyour answers are already posted in this forum once you've had a chanceto sit down and read through some of the threads.

You may want to be careful and keep them separated until they're fixedif you don't wish for babies at this time. Don't know how old they are,but by 8 weeks old, littermates begin to demonstrate instincts such asbreeding and their marking their territory. Bucks will chase theirsisters. Rabbits can mate and have a litter without being a full-grownadult. They're sexually mature by 12 weeks.

One of the weaning processes (anywhere from 5-8 weeks; with manybreeders starting at 6 weeks) starts with separating the young bucksfrom their sisters.

Keep their cages clean and dry; don't use cedar shavings aslitterbox/litter for the rabbits as the fumes it creates when mixedwith rabbit urine is toxic; keep your rabbit away from all electricalcords as they love to chew them.

The United States of America doesn't require you to get shots for yourrabbits, but they do in Great Britain and Australia. Don't know whereyou're located, but just something to keep in mind.? You might want tokeep your eye out for a rabbit-saavy veterinarian because not all vetsare familiar with rabbits and when the time comes, you want someone whoknows what they're doing.

An excellent site for understanding their body-language and behavior ishttp://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_intro.html

:)

-Carolyn

Thnak you for that information. But i want mybunnies to have babies so iam going to let them mate. But i have to gothough the posts and swee what they all are. And thank you again fotyour help!!

Melissa:dude:

I would just steer you to the House RabbitSociety's website(http://www.rabbit.org),they are an amazing resource, and can answer most questions.

~M

Greetings Melissa,

I would strongly urge you to read a post that came up and I'vebrought back to the first page entitled "Breeding?" by tom.

There's a lot to consider medically, practicality-wise, having theproper space, time, knowledge, and finances before you attemptbreeding.

Since you say you're new at rabbits, I'd suggest you do your homeworkthoroughly and take your time before engaging in breeding your rabbits.With breeding comes with a lot of heartaches.

I truly hope you read the post I have recommended.

:)

-Carolyn

I would find out what kind of rabbits they arefirst.They will need seperate cages if you breed them.Depending on thebreed. dwarfs are usually bred at six months but large breedslike new zealands are not fully grown untill about 8 months.Many of thesmaller breeds have trouble giving birth especially the first litterand many of them take untill the second litter before they figure outthe babies need fed.some never do.I had two does this year that atethere babies.Pet rabbits are not easy to sell.bluebird

Thank you all for yoyr help again and i will defently read the post you to0ld me about!
Bluebird or anyone, thank yopu for the info and i wqas wondering if youknew any place on the internet that had pictures of the breeds becausei do not know the breeds of my bunies and i was wondeirng if you guyscan help me out!!

Melissa:?:p:p

Thanks Sevenhappybunnies.

B&C,

Go to the ARBA.com (American Rabbit Breeders Association) website andthey have a list of all the different breeds in there. Youcould also post their pictures on here and people will have a gander atwhat they are. Pamnock is a judge of the ARBA and she'sunbelieveable with not only her knowledge of breeds, but theirhistories and care.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back