Help, I don't know what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
I was cutting babii's nails erlier and I noticed she has a cut a CM or so away from her Private area and its about the lenght of my pinky nail and its wide open, my mom said it looks like a hemmroid but i'm not sure.. . What do I do.. I honeslty can't get her checked until later this month... I'm scared for the worse.. I don't know what to do..

Please tell me if you've seen this or know how to treat it.

She's going to be 3 in march...

When I go to show my mom she tried to kick and run..

It's hard to tell you what to do if we don't know what it is

If it looks like a hemmoroid ( sp??) then it isn't a cut caused by tearing her skin on an object in the house.

Can you get a photo of it some way
I know I'm asking a lot of questions.
Does it look like a growth???

waiting until the end of the month isn't really the best option as you know.
maybe (if it's for financial reasons) you could work out payment with your vet..
let us know..............

A picture would really help in this situation.

Rabbits can have a prolapsed rectum that could have the appearance of a hemmeroid. A surgical procedure can fix the condition.

You might be actually seeing the scent glands located on either side of the genitals.

You might be viewing the vulva.

You might actually be viewing a cut. A small amount of antibiotic ointment can be applied. I use zinc oxide diaper ointment for babies on these types of cuts. Zinc oxide poisoning can occur from ingesting large amounts - so only use a tiny bit.

A small amount of wound powder could also be applied.

However - a picture would be VERY helpful - I'm just venturing some guesses on very little info.

Pam

I can't find it anymore, the cut that is.. my mom said because it was a hemmroid and they go back in ?

Anyways.. what do I do now, she said that they usually cure themselves..

Did it look anything like this?

scentglands1.jpg

These are scent glands.

sas :bunnydance:

:laughsmiley:

They're scary when you first see them :privateeyes :faint:

They're hard to see because they close up unless you're stretching them the right way...

and they can smell really skunky :yuck

... but don't worry, all bunnies have 'em!

sas :biggrin:

Hey, it's better to care and be upset about a possible injury, than to not care at all.

I've freaked out about things with my bunnies before too over practically nothing. It makes for a funny storey once you are feeling better.

--Dawn

Heehee...I'm so happy that you know your baby's okay...but it's kinda funny, in a way! :)

I tell ya, though...once you find those scent glands...you never forget them!! :D

Rosie's right! PEEEE UUUUU!! I was holding Bo earlier..... just about time to clean his again....... and Tony smells like a skunk took a bath in another skunk's stink! :shock: I was feeling yucky so I couldn't do them today LOL!

Latest posts

Back