help !!! butsy is sickk

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butsy

Reaction score
so i dunno if you guys read the thread about the martin's pellets. well i switched her off because it made her shed like crazy, i put half of the martins and half of the new stuff. she loved the new stuff .the brand is living world extrusion. this morning i woke up and she had diarhea all over the carpet and a poopy bum :( i dont know what to do !! i cant wash her because she doesnt really like to be handled and im home alone. i have to go to work in 20 minutes, what do i do ? :( helpppp pleaseeee. ohshe is around 5 pounds, mini lop. 9 months old

Living World is the Hartz brand, it's pretty awful stuff, and she may have just eaten too much of it.

Just keep her on just hay and plain water for the next 24 hours, no pellets. Is she eating hay? You can try a little canned pumpkin if she isn't eating hay.

Is she acting uncomfortable? Tummy rubs may help.

sas :clover:

First, you don't want to do rapid food changes. Any change should be done gradually over a period of two weeks.

Second, the Living World pellet is high in protein and carbs, and low in fiber. That's not what we like to see a bunny eating--we prefer a lower protein, high fiber pellet.

She should be on the Martins pellets that are made for growing bunnies, probably about 1/2 cup a day or less.

That is strange. Is it the one that's made for young bunnies, or the one for adults? I know they make a "less active" formulation that's not what you want for her.

well i am assuming its the food because i havent changed anything else to make her shed !! it just says rabbit food, i cant find if its for adults or bunnies.

You know I was just thinking that it would be a lot easier on a lot of people if manufactures put a baby bunny on pellets for baby bunnies, and an adult bunny on pellets for adult bunnies. That would make it a lot easier for a lot of people.

Latest posts

Back