Has anyone used Manna Pro feed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I just got a large donation of Manna Pro feed, I think it is Pro Formula or something like that. I have never used it before, so I was wondering if anyone has used it before or knows anything about it? I am a little paranoid about my feed right now, what with the problems I had been having with my old feed.

Angela (naturestee) is really the nutrition expert here; why don't you pm her

here's a link to the pellet

http://www.mannapro.com/ss_pro_tech.htm

From whatI can see here it looks like a good alfalfa pellet but considering the problems that you've been having recently

I would not change anything if things are turning around with what you are doing now.

I meant to respond to this yesterday but I got a call and forgot. We've been using Manna Pro pellets since May 2007 since we got our first bunny, Billy. It's what both Billy's and Ronnie's breeders were using for all of their Netherland Dwarfs. We started out with the Pro formula, which was fine, but after a year switched to the Sho formula because I believe it has better nutritional values.

We recently tried to switch both bunnies to Oxbow BB&T because of all the talk of alfalfa pellets being bad for them, but neither of them took to it. Ronnie would throw fits and toss the Oxbow all over the cage, Billy would leave his pellets until he was really hungry and then eat only some of the Oxbow. They both love Manna Pro and we've never had a problem with it other than it never having a mill date or expiration date. The mill date thing can be kind of annoying because the last bag we bought from the Tractor Supply ended up being just as stale as the stale pellets we were throwing away...but the bunnies still eat it. We had one bag that was really fresh, and it was so nice, but other than that every bag we've gotten I can tell has been sitting around for a while. That's my only complaint.

No urine sludge or G.I. issues in either bunny.

ETA:

I remember some people saying alfalfa pellets cause weight gain but with our Nethies who are very active I cannot keep enough weight on them. We recently weighed Billy in at 2 pounds 4 ounces and Ronnie at 2 pounds 3 ounces. Each eats between 1/8 - 1/4 cup of Manna Pro per day.

I would use the Manna Pro "Sho" formula. I recently met a Flemish breeder that uses the Sho formula and it appears to be a very good quality food. I had been trying to get out local Tractor Supply to order some. They do have the Pro formula....which I would not use and I consider it basic nutrition at best.

Randy

I use the Sho formula and have been very happy with it so far. I was using Blue Seal previously but switched after I heard a couple of my breeder friends having problems with it.

I haven't personally used this brand but it's always one mentioned by breeders as being of good quality and trusted. It looks like a basic alfalfa pellet for me which is fine for many rabbits, even adults. Just don't give it to any that are chubby orhave poopy butt problems.

Ok, thanks guys. Thankfully, I don't have any with poopy butt, and Sophie is the only one that is a bit chubby right now, so I will just back her off a bit on the pellets and make her eat more hay instead, LOL.

Latest posts

Back