Has anyone tried?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i was Pet Land the other day and saw they now sell Living World Hay. But not just any hay all the fancy hay U people keeping talking about. U know who u r. Since i can't get Oxbow hay here should I try this stuff from Living World?? I tired to find a website for ya but had no luck and Living World's website is nothing to look at unless your 4. And the Hagen website which i believe is the makers of Living World is no help either.

So has anyone tried this??

It must be one of these.......

http://www.hagen.com/hagen/canada/english/small/sub_category.cfm?CAT=6&SUBCAT=601

Good hay is usually long stranded and green with some seed heads . it will smell good.

it's hard to tell by the packaging what the quality is, however, if your rabbit likes it and eats it that's roughage.
if your bun is an adult preferably the timothy , if your bun is under 6months go with alfalfa and timothy. :)

All my wonderful Bunnies are Adults. The 2 with me will eat the Timothy hay. The other 2 at Mom and Dad's Mom says they aren't eating the Timothy, so i thought i might try the other brands 'cause i read a lot on her that should eat different kinds of hay. And i'm sure the 2 with me will eat anything i give to them. I need to fatten Monster's up anyways.

I haven't tried that hay (I don't buy form Petland), so I can't comment on it. All I can really say it that it is probably overpriced and not the best quality. I find spending more than $2 per pound is too much, and as far as hay from a store goes, that is cheap (at least it is here).
I find the best hay comes for smaller, independent stores.

As you have 4 rabbits, hay can get expensive. I buy hay from a farmer for $4 per bale (about 50-60lbs). At about 3 bales a years, I save about $500 per year on hay for 3 buns. Just something to think about. I doubt you will have much trouble finding hay in Saskatchewan.

I have no idea what pet stores are like in Saskatoon. You should look in the phone book and check out a few. You never know what you will find and how much you could save.

We have 3 Big stores in Saskatoon. Petland, Petsmart, and PetCetra. I've looked for hay and rabbit food in all these stores and only had success with Petsmart for Timothy Pellets and now Petland sells differen't hay. We have 2 smaller Pet Stores A-1 Aquarium and Critters. I know there's nothing at A-1 Aquarium and Critters is to Far to get too as I don't drive. I Know there are places on the Internet that will Ship Hay in Bales but that doesn't work for me. I live in a Apt and not place to store and I don't think my parents want a bail of hay in there basement.

Latest posts

Back