Happy bunny? Stretching and other comments

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tterster

Reaction score
My daughter got a bunny and webuilt her a cage outside. When we go outside to see her she gets up onher back paws and stands up and stretches. My little one is like momshe has her head through the metal on thecage. I told herrabbits can't climb up there and get out. You worry too much. Isn'tthis a sign that she is happy when she gets up on her two paws andpokes her head out at you??? I am new to this whole bunny thing. I amgetting too overprotective. Especially with the cold weather. What willI be like when it gets hot. More overprotective. I hate when peopletell me bunnies don't live long especially around my ten year old. Howcan people be so mean??? Just blabbing. Have a great day everyone. Keepin touch.:)

Rabbits can scale many things! I know of one who climbed a six foot brick wall!!!!

As far as the stretching and stuff .... it's probably she's looking tosee what you have in the line of food, and maybe looking to see youalso.

I know of a bunny who is currently 13 years old. They can live long :)

So I guess since she stretches up so high shecould get herself out of the cage where she puts her head through to usat the top???? OMG, I have to get the boyfriend to make those partssmaller for her. Now I am worried about it. Thanks so much.Please let me know.

Hello
Yeah people are mean when they say that. How would they know how long a bunny would live. Especially in front of your daughter.
I think its a happy sign that she gets up. She either says feed me, or pet me or I love you so much.

tterster wrote:
SoI guess since she stretches up so high she could get herself out of thecage where she puts her head through to us at the top???? OMG, I haveto get the boyfriend to make those parts smaller for her. Now I amworried about it. Thanks so much. Please let me know.
Yes, you also don't want her to get hurt on it.

I would cover it in some sort of chicken wire or something!

Our Brindle does the same thing. When you comeinto the room she gets up on her hind feet and stretches all the way upas far as she can. Gives me a chance to scratch her tummy. :p

However, if I leave the top door to her cage open and turn away she hasbeen known to jump right out onto the top of her cage. She then sitsvery proudly with that "Lookie-what-I-did-Daddy!!" look on her face.Her cage is on a table so I'm always afraid that she will hurt herselfso I keep a pretty close eye on her when I open the top to feed her orsuch.

And bunnies can live a very long time, as long as they are well cared for and are showered with love.

Jim

It is like a chicken wire I think. I will have myboyfriend make the openings smaller at the top part. There are a few atthe top. THey aren't that big but if her head fits you never know. Mylittle one wanted a bunny so bad she begged and I said no way and wehid the bunny outback in her homemade built house in the back of thegarage in the yard and on Christmas she got the surprise of her life.WE told her to take out the trash and she dropped the bag when she sawher. Then.... my cousin comes over and tells us how her bunny froze andwas stiff and said it in front of my 9 year old. AGH

JimD wrote:
that "Lookie-what-I-did-Daddy!!" look on her face.
Don't you just love that innocent but proud look?While we are scared to death 9 out of 10 times they have it LOL!

Don't worry, bunnies can survive in the cold.Some people on the forum whose bunnies live outside, can give you goodadvices on shelter inside the cage, certain foods to give during thewinter.I think the main thing is to make sure their water does notfreeze, that why water bottler are not very popular.

tterster, personally I would do that.If she can get her head through, she can get caught. That's abig concern.

As far as outside rabbits, there are a ton of people here that can helpyou a lot. Are you in a cold area? If she is soyoung, she might need to be kept really warm somehow.Hopefully some of the people here can answer those issues. Ihave a house rabbit :)

What kind of bunny is the baby? and what's her name?

Bunnies are EXCELLENT pets :)

If the rabbit gets their head caught in the wire,they can easily snap their neck or back (I've seen it happen a coupletimes). They may be able to stick their head through, butmight get frightened, panic and struggle when they feel resistance andtheir head doesn't slip back through.

Pam

Hi:) Our bunny is about 15 weeks old. Her name isSmokey. She is a chacoal color.She is adorable. She sits out in thearea where there is no straw in the cold sometimes. She is crazy. Wehave to change her a lot since she has been going to the bathroom inher sleeping area. What are we going to do with her??? She is adorable.She is outdoors cuz we just had a new house built and don't wantanimals in the house. Plus we have allergie/ashtma issues in the house.Keep in touch. I have to get more bunny pictures. She is growing sofast.

Bo B Bunny wrote:

I know of a bunny who is currently 13 years old. They can live long :)

So do I. ;)Actually I own her. Here she is:

f7a331aa.jpg

Rose

Latest posts

Back