Gurgling Tummies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
When I went to feed the bunnies, after I'd fed them they had really loud gurgley tummies especially Princess, both didn't seem any different though and continued eating and acting normal. I just let Thumper out for a run in the enclosure to see if it would help, he's running around like normal. Should I be worried about it? I didn't feed them anything out of the ordinary.

Hmm, that's weird...:?The same thing happens to my bunnies when I give them water and they drink it fast. It mainly happens to Rayne and Buttercup. But after they finish drinking it stops..

But are they eating kinda fast? Maybe if they are eating their tummies just gurgle. I'm not sure though.. And is it constantly gurgling? I'd wait untill someone more informed posts. :p

Karlee

Hazel's does that too sometimes. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Sometimes it just sounds louder than others. If you look carefully, sometimes you can even SEE their tummy moving.
I think the only thing to worry about is when their tummy stops gurgling completely. That can be a sign they have stasis, which can kill them.

Hey, I just noticed it happens in the morning, right after they eat, it happened again yesterday. I think it's because their hungry in the morning and wolf down their food too fast. I feed them before I go to bed and they have hay all night but they're little savages. So I think it's nothing to worry about?

I understand your worry.

My megacolon bun, Zoe, often has an overly-loud tummy. And, now, my newer member, Pinkerton, has had a very loud gut since I'd worked to convert him to Oxbow BB/T pellets.

The vet suggested that I just make sure that he continued pooping, which he did--until a few days' ago, when his gut became overly large. We're not sure what caused it exactly, but I'm hoping that it was hair ingestion--not the pellets. If it is the pellets, then the situaiton will surely reoccur, since I'm back to feeding him 1 Tbsp. a day to see how it goes.

Jenk

Yeah, I know about bunnies wolfing down their pellets, haha. I would say it's a bit of gas or indegestion. Keep an eye on it. If it lasts awhile, I would administer a baby gas med. That should do the trick. You can give it every couple hours, about 2 cc's depending on the weight. Check the HRS Website to be sure, but that's the main dosage.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!;)

Back