Growth on outside corner of eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

migglez

Reaction score
I just found a small brownish growth on Binkers' face, on the right side, lower outer corner of his eye. I thought it was a poo pellet, but, no, as I tried to gently rub it off with a Q-tip.

I will get him to the vet tomorrow.. but any info would be greatly appreciated. I found nothing online about this.

Thank you sooo much!

BInkersEye-1.jpg

Is it possibly "sleep", made up of dried mucus? Otherwise, it could be a number of things, from an abscessed bite wound (that's a common place for bunnies to bite each other) to a melanoma. Best thing to do is to take him to the vet. Unfortunately without a more in focus picture I can't help much.

OMG! It was a tick! I will take him to the vet to make sure there are no more! It came off then I picked it up with needle-nosed pliers and crushed it. I think it mustv'e come in on me when I went into the brambly backyard!( Binkers is strictly an indoor houserabbit!) I tried looking for more, but he doesn't like to be handled and his fur is so thick that I can't see through to his skin.

Thanks for your help!

That is good to hear. You might think about treating him with Revolution or Advantage just to make sure there are no others on him you can't see.

I don't think that there is anything specific for ticks that can be put on a rabbit that is safe. As far asI know they need to be manually taken off.
I don't believe Revolution kills ticks ; don't use anything else without checking about its safety and don't use anything for dogs/cats or over the counter stuff

Latest posts

Back