Grooming Angora Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralover

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a french angora and he has LOTSof fur! I was wondering if someone could recommend me a really goodbrush I should groom him with. I've heard of the slicker brush.....butis there any other brushes? Also I saw this ad somewhere on google, andthis lady had a french angora and it had mats all over its body....butthen like a year later the rabbit started shedding the mats off andthen in the next few months the rabbit grew in perfect hairagain.:?Is it normal for an angora to do that???

Hi Angora lover,

I would not use a brush on an angora. You'd do better to purchase ablower to blow the coat out. A brush will pull and stretch the fibers.If an angora has alot of Mats I'd shear it and the new wool will growin just fine. I believe it it cruel to leave an angora tomolt out it's matted wool. In the winter a matted Angora cannot keepwarm. With proper attention to the coat the rabbit should not get manymats. JMPO.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Search for the thread "Brushing GermanAngora". I posted some info on blowers on thatthread. French Angoras have a little more texture to thecoats, so in most cases are slightly easier to groom than the English,German or Giants. A slicker brush works well if you have thecoat cut short, but blowing is a must if you are showing your Angora,so you don't ruin the density of the coat. It's a good ideato shear the Angoras when they are molting, so you don't have to dealwith the matts.

Pam

Latest posts

Back