Got lucky..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
I went to the vet today to see when my appointment is going to be for Pinky and Chip. Well, the lady that did that wasnt there so I hung around and what do you know.. they were able to do it TODAY! Im so happy, That means that they are finally going to not have fights anymore.

I was kinda sad. Pinky looked so scared. I think it was the first time i saw the color in his eyes. Chip was acting like himself, get out of the cage and turn wild.

I hope they do good. :cry2

I got them back and they are doing fine. I have them in their own cage now and they are cleaning each other.

I'm glad they are doing well :)

Just remember that this won't necessarily stop any fighting, but it should ease it, although it doesn't always. Fingers crossed for you it does though.

Please keep us updated on how they are doing :)

Here they are after they got home, I put them back with our other 2 and they are back to normal.

DSC05870.jpg

I think that you meant a neuter and spay :expressionless
if so please keep them separately (cages)until they each heal as they can groom each other and pull stitches out or possibly infect surgical areas

the better they feel the more active they will be

I agree with angieluv, I would keep them separated until the stitches are out. That is always what my vet recommends. I think if you are there watching them it would be okay but when you leave or when you are sleeping I would keep them separate. I tried to put mine together once after one had surgery and within 5 minutes she was investigating the other buns stitches and surgery area. That also really ticked off the bunny, they didn't really fight but a warning nip like stay away from that was given. I then separated them, I was to afraid what would happen. But I think every bun is different so yours maybe fine. I would just watch them.

ETA: That picture is so cute and they look very happy to be together.

They are healing nicely, I have been checking twice a day. I made the mistake of leaving the gate to the cage open today and they went nuts (no pun intended). Chip (the brownish one) is very energetic, yet loving. I cant get him to quit escaping. I know he hates to be held because he will fight to get out of my hands and more often then not succedding. I am going to keep all the buns in their cages (which are big enough for them to get exercise) for about a week or so. I just want them to really get used to the cage. They were to used to getting out because i felt bad, but that was when they were in a store bought cage and it was small.

I think i will have to get another bun here soon, as we believe on is female. Currently living by herself in the store bought cage. I just dont know where i can adopt in this area. There are plenty of pet stores but i have heard nothing about adoption.

Latest posts

Back