goopy poopy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaela S

Reaction score
my bunny has to go to Genesys heath/thearapy club tomorrow!!! she peas her self, poops her self, and has goopy poopy. what should i do? that stuff i listed is not daily, but she does do it every once and a while. i dont know what i shoud do:(:X:?:shock:

A good place to start with is her diet. What does her diet consist of? What kind of pellets, hay and veggies and how much does she get?

Does she get these symptoms after eating certain foods?

--Dawn

Michaela,

I agree with Dawn. Diet is probably the key. If it isn't goopy all the time it may be related to specific foods. I know that I had a rabbit that got goopy poo everytime I gave him carrots or those kaytee yogurt dips for rabbits. I just had to quit feeding him those things.

My rabbits get plenty of timothy hay (always available to them), water and good quality pellet in the morning and evening. I also feed them fresh veggies in the morning and evening but stick mostly to leafy greens (cilantro and green lettuces are their favorites). Sometimes I give them small quantities of canned pumpkin or fruits but these are more like treats so they are limited. If it doesn't seem related to a particular food or treat then I'm not sure.

There are others on the forum more experienced than I with this so I would keep posting in this section and try to give as much information about what your rabbit is eating. He's still pretty young, isn't he? Is he eating alfalfa hay still or timothy? I've read that with young rabbits you should introduce veggies slowly and one at a time.

I hope that helps a bit.

Kirstin

I agree that it sounds like a diet issue. What kind of pellets are you feeding her? Are you giving her any treats?

Bunnies should have timothy based pellets like Oxbow Bunny Basics or Kaytee Timothy Complete. Most of the stuff they sell in petstores is no good for them. They should only be given a limited amount of pellets (like 1/4 cup a day) and they should have unlimited timothy hay available.

Is your boy doing ok? Have you thought of having him neutered yet?

hey kristin what do you use for litter, thanks for reply:mail2::runningrabbit::headflick::bunnydance::energizerbunny::litterempty::rabbithop:anotherbun:running bunny:happyrabbit::apollo:i might even breed my bunny:stork::bunnyhug::inlove:

Oh hun, please please please from the bottom of my heart I beg you to not breed your bunny. We have so many unwanted bunnies in this area right now. I have 3 at my house that Im fostering because I cannot find homes for them.

The Genesee County Animal Control has bunnies they have to put to sleep all the time because there arent homes for them- same with the Humane Society. I know it seems easy to find homes for babies, but then people dont want them when they are adults and start chewing furniture/marking their territory etc. A lot of people turn them loose (Ive saved two who were loose in this area) or let them sit all alone in hutches outside.

Just please do some research into breeding before you make that decision.

Haley

hey kristin what do you use for litter, thanks for reply:mail2:
I use the Yesterday's News Cat Litter. I love it for my bunnies. I know some people use other things too and there might even be some information on that in the library section of the forum. Just don't use the kitty litter that is made from clay like tidy cat or anything that is a clumping litter. Also not good for rabbits is cedar or pine so if you use a wood shavings type product, make sure it is aspen.

Did your rabbit's poop problems clear up yet? Did you figure out what was causing the problem?
i might even breed my bunny
And on this matter, I 100% agree with Haley. I'm curious to know why are you thinking about it?

And just so you know, ifSHE's really a HE, then it is much less expensive to get him fixed and the least expensive place to go locally is probably Companion Animal in Linden.

well my friend branden wanted bunnies of his own. he wanted his bunnie to have babbies and he wanted them at a very young age so they would get used to us humans at a young age. so i said he could breed with my bun as long as i get first pick of the litter. we dont even know if we are going to do it yet so dont worry. !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back