Goodbye Connie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Some of you may remember how last year around this time Art & I adopted a chestnut lionhead named Connie.

Here are some of the threads about her:

When we first heard about her:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12215&forum_id=16

Sharing about adopting her:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12785&forum_id=7

Tonight Art went out into the garage to feed the rabbits for me becauseI was not feeling well. He was out there for a while and when he camein, he put his arms around me and said, "Honey, Connie is gone. Shepassed away during the day sometime."

I regret that I never took a picture of Connie. She was probably one ofthe ugliest lionheads I've seen as far as "show quality" - but she hadone of the most beautiful hearts.

For a while she lived with the other does on the floor - but she woundup moving in with our lilac buck "Buck Jones" and living with him formost of her time with us. The two were inseperable (she was spayed) andhe would groom her and she would groom him.

Art & I honestly have no idea what happened. I have not lookedat her - but he said it looked like she just laid down and went tosleep and never woke up.

We had just trimmed her teeth a couple of days ago and she was finethen. I told Art we needed to groom her up a bit - so I wonder if shepossibly got wool block but I honestly don't know what happened.

Connie, it feels like we barely knew you......binky free baby - at least you no longer need to have your teeth trimmed....

Peg

:bigtears:
Peg, you gave her a great home, and if you hadn't taken her she wouldprobably still be in the shelter. It's a big commitment totake on a special needs bun like that. I'm so sorry youdidn't have longer with her.

Binky free, Connie.

I'm sorry if I sound matter of fact about herpassing. I think I'm just still in shock as I really had no clue shewas ill and neither did Art.

I know she had a good year with us and she knew she was loved. Sometimes that is all you can do I guess.

Everytime I'd think about taking her photo, I'd trim her teeth instead(they needed it so often). Or my camera batteries would be dead. Or ...or... or..

Oh well.

Peg

So sorry to hear about the death of Connie :(

RIP and binky free little one!!

I always regret that I didn't have a video camera to take videos of myLittle Hoppy Hoppy, and I don't have nearly enough pictures of myspecial little man...

Fiona
:angelandbunny:

Thank you to everyone who has expressed theircondolances. Right now my biggest concern is her partner. He's prettylonely and I'm not sure what to do. I am thinking about moving him intothe rabbitry (from the garage area) where he will at lesat have achange of scenery...

Peg

Back