Good sized NIC cage for a mini rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggie0506

Reaction score
I was looking into making my mini Rex a new C&C cage, I was wondering how big I should make it. Since we have school/work during the day he will spend most of the day in there (we let him run around at night).

I would predict 4 boxes then, if he will be caged for most of the day (I'm assuming 18 hours in cage, 6 out in the evening?)... you want to make a cage approx. 5 feet by two feet long if at all possible.

You can also use grids to make an exercise pen to surround the cage if you want a bit smaller cage (2x3 or 3x3 grids). You can then fold the exercise pen away if you need the space.

If permanent space is an issue, you may want to build vertically. If you like, you could post a picture of your area options for the cage, and we could puzzle out a design :)

I think 2 cubes by 3 cubes is the average size...works perfectly for my 5lbs - 3lbs buns. You can even build up, to add more cage space :).

I've got my single mini-rex in a 2x3 NIC cage with a shelf for a second level. Although, she's really lazy and never uses her second level, I actually have to dust it when I clean cages.

-Dawn

Latest posts

Back