Gonna try again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendOfTheBunnies

Reaction score
Hehe.. I posted this topic once before, and didn't get hardly any replies. Just thought I'd try again:

My four bunnies, Babs, Buster, Tom, & Jerry, are all veryyoung. However, they all survive and mingle in a veryfriendly manner. Babs is spayed, but none of the others arefixed yet(Tom and Jerry are still to young). Isfighting inevitable? I am worried that I will go out one dayand find hurt bunnies when they were just fine the daybefore. Is this likely?I would appreciateany advice you have. Thanks so much!

Most successful long term bonding occurs betweenbuck and doe, doe and doe, and buck and buck, in that descendingorder. Castration and/or spaying appropriately increasesprobability of success and is encouraged for all pet bunnies who areNOT being used for breeding, in the interests of behavior modification,good health, and longevity of life.

Will you eventually experience fighting? Most likely, as morebuns approach puberty. Surgical procedures will diminish thelikelihood of conflict, but it still may occur, particularly betweensame sex buns. Are there exceptions to thesegeneralizations? You betcha, but I would not rely onthat possibility and I would be prepared to separatethem,ifneed be,sometime in thefuture.

It appears you are interested in group bonding.Assuch, Iwould recommend accessing thefollowing site in the interests of gaining more information about thatprocess:http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

Buck

Latest posts

Back