Going to the vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got an appointment for Monday morning at thevet for Pernod. Since we got her 18 months ago, she has had what I canbest describe as a freckle on the flap of skin between her nose and toplip. You can only see it if your looking at her straight on and liftthe flap slightly. Anyhow, it may be my imagination, but it seems to bea tiny bit bigger, and as I worry easily, I thought I'd better put mymind at rest and get her checked out. It's probably nothing (please,God!) but if it is, and I leave it too late, I'd never forgive myself.

I have tried to find out about skin cancer on the 'net but not havingmuch luck, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd welcome them. Meanwhile,Pernod is being allowed to get away with murder at the moment:). Thanks for listening

Jan

Our departed Dutch bunny, Maxwell, had hisshowing career halted rather suddenly by the appearance of a couple ofdark colored freckles on the "pink" area of his nose andlips. Prior to that, he had won two show legs.

In spite of those freckles, he went on to be quite a stud bunny, thenafter age three, became our best ever pet bunny for three moreyears. He died from something quite unrelated to the freckles.

Hopefully, you will find the same circumstances prevail for your bun.

Buck

As Buck said, those little freckles can bepresent at birth or appear later in life. They are just smallpatches of pigment that may appear, most noticeably, around thenose. We most commonly see them in the Dutch and Hotot breeds.

Pam

Thanks so much for you re-assurance. Like I said,I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to my bunnies, so it's great tohear from people 'in the know'. I will still take her tomorrow, butwith a lighter heart :).

Thanks again,Jan

Back