Going to a show on Sat... What supplies and equipment should we bring?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanster

Reaction score
Our first show was the state fair so nothing but bunnies to bring. This Saturday will be our second show and this is more traditional ARBA show. We are showing Himalayans. What supplies and equipment would you suggest to a newbie to bring? Thanks!

Not everything is a MUST, but things I bring to shows:

• Transport cages (With the buns inside)
  • Any Sale rabbits (With Pedigree's)
  • Pedigree book - just in case
  • $$$ (For Entry Fee's not yet paid, Raffle tickets, Food & Drinks, buy new stock if needed)
  • grooming table w/needed grooming supplies (brush/comb, nailclippersfor example)
  • small carpet mat (for the grooming table if it's not already equipped)
  • small chair, to rest your feet every now & then
  • Dry erase board w/markers... to announce your sale's list
  • a jug of water... to refill waterbottles if needed.
  • Tattoo kit.... to do tattoo's for other exhibitors and make a little extra on the side.
  • and anything else you may need that's not listed.

Sunniebunnie covered the list nicely.

But don't forget to bring an extra carrier or two in case you see another rabbit you want to buy.

What size grooming table should we use? Maybe a card table?

Gee, my hubby will die if I come home with more bunnies. :D

It all depends on the breed... for my Mini Rex, the everyday wooden TV dinner tables work just fine. I would think that would also work for the Himi's... or maybe something a little longer would work better though.

OOOh I like the tv tray idea.. Never thought of that. I bet you could find a nice one fairly reasonable and permantly affix a carpet square. I haven't been able to find a carpet square as of yet. Any ideas on where they are sold.

You could go to a local Carpet store and see if they'll give you (or sell real cheap) one of their out of date samples... that way it's got a "finished" edge to it. That's actually what I have, a "Sample" carpet mat that was being sold at a show, there were different sizes and I bought the one that best fit the table.

Latest posts

Back