Giving my bunny shots?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikant262

Reaction score
I have to give my bunny daily injections for a few weeks- he just got out of surgery. I attempted to give him an injection into some loose skin behind his head, away from the spinal cord, according to the vet's instructions. I'm having trouble feeling when the needle goes through! I don't want to over dose him, but his medicine is all over his fur now :( Any advice?

You want to make a little tent of the loose skin on the back of the neck. It is easiest to pull it up with your pointer finger and second finger on either side, with your thumb in the middle on the opposite side. You inject in the little pocket under your thumb.

The needle will go in and have a little give once it is in the right place. Sorry, it's hard to explain. It has resistance going through the skin and then just sort of eases up. If the plunger isn't going easily and you have to push really hard, the needle may be clogged. I had that issue with Baytril injections. I would end up pushing the plunger harder and the needle would pop off the syringe and go everywhere. Changing the needle helped.

Latest posts

Back