Genetic help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
I have had this color I can NOT figure out. I'm not going to do pictures at the moment because the one I'm most interested in is still tiny and shows up white in photos. Anyway, the buck I thought was Broken Frosted Pearl, then I decided no, I thought he was Sable Chinchilla. After he had a litter with a black doe carrying chocolate and Himi and producinga few Sable Chinchilla and a Daughter the same color and patturn as him I was at a loss. I figured some kind of Sable Chinchilla but no one could help me. All other litters he had produced 90%-100% have all been torts and blue torts.I talked to a breeder yesterday who has had almost every color under the sun, she suggested Broken Sable Frosted Pearl. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this color? Any pictures, the genetic code, etc?

On to the baby, his mom is the Sable Chinchilla the possible Broken Sable Frosted Pearl produced and his dad is a White(REW) from a Black Otter and a White. She suggested Sable Point Martin because of the grandma, I said I had had a litter by him before and no otters came about so she suggested Sable Frosted Pearl for him, too. However after I thought about it andthe litter before was of 5 Agoutis and 1 Black so the agouticould/would have blocked out the Otter gene. I have looked the baby over and his color is clearing better, he shows light points, white lacing, and his body color is creamy tipping and white under color.

Anyone that can sort through my rambling andhad theanswers would be very much loved :biggrin2:

P.S. I lied, I found one picture showing the baby decently but it just shows him from the backside. Mousse is checking them out:pIt goes White boy and girl, the boy in question, and then the Sable Chinchilla boy.

july13th004.jpg

Latest posts

Back