gah! my bunneh is going mad!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylass

Reaction score
:shock::X

My bunny has a temper and only calms down if you give him Cheerios, ifhe doesn't he throws his food bowl, dumping out all snobe's and hisfood, pushes out all the litter from littler box, and runs around thecage:X. what a little brat.

does anyone have any suggestions?

oh, and should I stop giving them unlimited food? there about a year 1/2 old...:?

thanks everyone!

~*Mia*~

Oh, yeah. Snobe (Snowbell)is my other bunny, you probablly figured that.

and if Soot's out of the cage, he chases my cats and tips over their food as well:X

Bunnylass wrote:
:shock::X

My bunny has a temper and only calms down if you give him Cheerios, ifhe doesn't he throws his food bowl, dumping out all snobe's and hisfood, pushes out all the litter from littler box, and runs around thecage:X. what a little brat.

~*Mia*~

Is he fixed? That can help with behavioral issues.

~Christine~

Rabbits need hay for digestion so it's a good idea to get some.

I didn't know to give my buns unlimited food... I don't think that's agood idea with Henry though! He's 9 months old and is 8lbsalready! I don't want him turning into a tubby! :D

hehe.. how about substituting the cheerios withsomething else? like a new kind of green, or a teensy bit offruit.. he's got you trained to give him cheerios lol :)

Bunnylass wrote:
...does anyone have any suggestions?...

~*Mia*~
Well, you might use a heavier crock for a feed bowl, or use a feed bowlthat "attaches" to the side of the cage withabracket,such as the twist-lock crocks, forexample. That would tend to minimize the tossing about offood.

Buck

yeah I agree. Our food bowl is ceramic so its heavy and the bunny can't lift it. Although sometimes he tries very very hard.

thanks everyone.
1. It's a wire bottom cage
2. I don't have much money to buy a new bowl:?
3. trained to give him Cheerios huh? I'll try that...:)

Rexes are bad for sore hocks, but the "fuzzyfeet"bunnies like lops do pretty well on wire bottom. With a nest box, ofcourse. All mine are on wire mesh. when I had a rex I had to scatterhay because his feet would get bad, but I haven't had problems with theothers. Except Tank, and she had sore hocks alreadyfrom thebreeder's, I think.

Your rabbit should settle as he gets older, Mia. They are pretty wild in the first 2 yrs.

I like the tantrums, I think they're funny.

Rose

u8myhouse wrote:
Do you have something for them to rest their feet on since it's a wire bottomed cage?
~Christine~
I do, I have a box that they sit in, right now they are insidebunnys because it is cold, but their hutch, (which is an old bathroomcabinet lol XD)has a solid bottom.:D

Back