Gabby?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
Gabby said,

"As for price and litter, i get a 20 lbs bag of litter called woodypet for $5, with 1 bun I'm sure that would last you quite a long time. I use it for 33 buns. IMO it works quite well. Some people also use woodstove pellets you can get a good size bag for a small price. "

I use WOODYPET Professional Animal Beddingavailable fromTractor Supply Company and other retail outlets for $4.99per 30 lb bag. Very user friendly, wood based granules that are biodegradeable. It is less expensive for more quantity than their "litter," and I suspect will work equally as well, as it may be the exact same product packaged differently. Their promotional stuff says:

"Woody Pet Professional Animal Bedding consists of Fir, Spruce& Pine. Unlikewood shavings and most other animalbeddings up to99% ofthe aromatic hydrocarbons which cause and aggravate respiratory and contact allergies are removed. No more hives or coughing makes for happy horses and other animals.Due to this extreme processing thatWoody Petendures while being manufacturedit exits the milling processa sterile product. Woody Pet can be spread onpastures or flower gardens. Woody Pet decomposes faster than shavings as all of the tars,oils, & resins have been removed."

So sorry and utmost of condolences for the most recent loss of your rabbit.

Buck

thanks, let me look at the bag,,, i may have bag size wrong, and yes I do I have a 30# bag and it is the exact same thing, i get it at farm tractor and feed supply store. I for some reason has 20# in my head but mine is really 30#...

thank you...I should mention with the exception of Ivy the ones i mentioned range back to 2001, 2002, 2003....now 2004, thats not good 1 a year, but i guess with my wide range of buns and ages it will happen sometimes.

The reason I mentioned it is that Woodypet does have a litter, packaged in smaller bags(15lb), I think. I believe it was more expensive, but I eliminated it from my thinking because of the practicality of the 30 lb bag for my purposes.Last I purchased the Animal Bedding, it was on sale for $3.99 per bag...got 10 bags full! LOL

In truth, the wood stove pellets, while good and inexpensive, just weren't as user friendly to me as the Woodypet. Stove pellets absorbed moisture like a sponge, and then remained wet and spongey,unlike the Woodypet that will eventually dry out and "powder up,"making clean-up so much easier,in my estimation.

Nothing is as bad as the original, clumping cat litter out daughter recommended years ago when we sat for her "litter box trained" rabbit. What a goohy, goppy, horrible mess that was to work with!

Understood you did not lose all those buns at one time. Nevertheless, one or twelve, still hurts!

Buck

I found the woody pet ...goodness......in 2001, it's what i have been using ever since. I generally buy 10bags at a time, so they last me a lil while, and I don't have to run out to get more every week or 2. 10 bags @ 30 lbs, is 300 lbs of litter i drag home every so often LOL but i got one those plastic pallets to stack it on.

I never used the wood stove pellets, but a friend of mine has, now she is using the woody pet. She never said she had any complaints about them.

Yes it still hurts loosing any I think about Kattie, who was 10 when she passed away, that was10 years ago. Mostly I regrete not having any, or hardly any picturesof my first few rabbits.but THen that Is why I am picture crazy with all my guys I have now. Wont be making that mistake twice. I did find some old pics of her, was so happy.

she was a sliver martin, and my lil cousin is holding her in the pic. I scanned them, and saved them to a CD because the pictures themselves are in rough shape.

angelcandy.jpg

Yeah, they "stay" with you, don't they?Our first was, Montie, a little, mismarked Dutch(maybe some Polish)who had actually lived in a vacant lot in Philadelphia on his own for amonth before being rescued. Wouldn't let us touch him for better part of a year, as he free ranged in our back yard 24/7.

Eventually he did, but wouldn't respond to us much more than that. One time after absently mindly rubbing his ears, while holding him, for about 45 minutes in a lawn chair, he suddenly turned,and began licking me...and he never stopped for the rest of his life. No matter what I did to him, cut his nails, tend to his cuts and bruises, prod and poke him, for whatever reason, healways tried to give kisses. You do never forget them, any of them!;)

Buck

Buck, Thanks for telling us about the Woody Petlitter. I went to the tractor supply place this week end and bought some. Not only didI save money on that but they had oil thatI buy for my lawn mower for a $1.00 less per can than Lowes Hardware! I saved $4.00 right there! Bird seed was much less than whatI normally buy it for. Of course after saving moneyI just could not resist buying another rabbit book! ;) They also had some fencing and temp. fence posts so whenI have a little more time I can fixup a run area outside for my buns! You can bet that I will be shopping at the tractor supply store from now on.Today at work I found out where a larger tractor supply place was. That will be the next place I shop.Thanks again Buck.
Talk to you soon, Beckie

i got both Kattie and Allie on the same day, they were both 8 wks old. Allie lived to be 7, and Kattie 10. Kattie has been gone 10 years now, and Allie has been gone 13 years. I only have 2 pictures of allie, 2 taken same time and day, almost identicle. and same for katie, only i did get photos of her 6months before she passed away. I treasure those photos. My darling baby who passed away nearly 2 weeks ago was Ivy Pictured below.

ivy71.jpg

Hi Gabby,

I'm sorry about Ivy. On quick glance, she looks like she had a moustache. She's gorgeous and you can tell she lived a happy and full life.

It's so true what both of you say about never forgetting them or really getting over feeling a void when you think about them.

I'm glad you said what you did about pictures, Gabby. When you mentioned doing a scrapbook for each bun, I thought of how painful that would be, but also how cleansing and special it would be.

See you on the flip side, Allie, Kattie, Ivy, Montie, Moolie, Maxie,Athena, and all the others that are playing happily together right now.Enjoy it while you can because when we get back together with you again, we're never letting you go.

-Carolyn

Beckie, did I tell you I owned TSC stock? Oh, no? Must have slipped my mind.:D

Actually, with your comments, I'm going to look more closely at how they're doing in the stock market. :cool: From what you are writing, they are doing something right!

Gabby, what a cutie that Ivy was. I, too, have few pictures of our buns and tend to take even fewer still,anymore, but ,perhaps,after reading your comments here I should reconsider that.

Buck

Carolyn writes
Hi Gabby,
I'm sorry about Ivy. On quick glance, she looks like she had a moustache. She's gorgeous and you can tell she lived a happy and full life.
It's so true what both of you say about never forgetting them or really getting over feeling a void when you think about them.
I'm glad you said what you did about pictures, Gabby. When you mentioned doing a scrapbook for each bun, I thought of how painful that would be, but also how cleansing and special it would be.-

i find the scrap books very rewarding. and Icreate them as they are living. After they are gone I then create onefinal tribute page. if we happen to get together i'll bring my books with me, WARNING they are large and thick. Ivy had a perfect butterfly on her nose, one so perfect it reminds you why they named that making a buterfly :)

Buck Jones wrote:
Gabby, what a cutie that Ivy was. I, too, have few pictures of our buns and tend to take even fewer still,anymore, but ,perhaps,after reading your comments here I should reconsider that.

Buck
another treasure, the stories and tidbits you tell others about your buns are great things to save to look back on later.

Gabby, thanks for sharing the picture of Ivy. What a beauty she was. I love her markings. She looks so sweet and cuddly in the picture. I know you miss her and I know that was one very loved bunny. Beckie

2bunmom wrote:
Gabby, thanks for sharing the picture of Ivy. Whata beauty she was. I love her markings.She looks so sweet and cuddly in the picture. I know you missher and I know that was one very loved bunny.Beckie
thank you

Ok Buck was this the plan all along? Get every one on the forum running to tractor supply to help, you out on your investments?;) Let's see, how many members dowe have on the forum now? How many members could there potentially be? Yes, it might be wise to check on that stock.:cool: Beckie

Latest posts

Back